Resetting Check Engine Lights On The Ls400?

91LS400Lexus

Resetting a CEL on a gen 1 LS400???

Had a code 71, thought I had fixed it, but the light comes on about every 100-150 miles at highway speeds. I had disconnected the battery about 10 seconds, but wondering if it either should be disconnected longer, reset some other way, or if I still have an issue? Thanks!

It would appear that the stored code should have been cleared per the instructions here: http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/intro/codereading.html

After you disconnected the battery and the CEL came back on, did you check to see if the code 71 is back or if their are other stored codes?

It would appear that the stored code should have been cleared per the instructions here: http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/intro/codereading.html

After you disconnected the battery and the CEL came back on, did you check to see if the code 71 is back or if their are other stored codes?

how do you clear the code on a 95-2000

Thanks. Well the first time I checked it, I cleared it, but I only disconnected the battery for 5 seconds... it back back three days later. I thought it was where I had my vacuum lines ran wrong when I blocked my idle-up valve. It came back on, but I may not have left it disconnected long enough. This last time I left it unhooked for about 30 seconds, not on yet, but we will see. I didnt check it a second time, as code 71 was the only one showing.

Hopefully it wont illuminate again.

Apparently not long enough.... light came back on after 90 miles.... however, I dont think I had left the battery disconnected long enough, because when I turned on my radio, all of the presets were still in there.... leading me to believe I had not left the battery disconnected long enough since it was not even enough to reset the radio.... ??

I will leave it unhooked all night - try again. :rolleyes: