Crosswind Handling

Even the RWD GS should handle better than FWD ES I would think.

I totally agree, though what we think is better, may feel different to someone else.

Most of the time, the handling of a FWD car is better in the rain or snow. if thats what the OP was talking about, then I agree. The GS is not the best handling car in its class but it is rock solid doing high speed. If the OP's GS is drifting all the time on the highway, there is something wrong with it.

Even the RWD GS should handle better than FWD ES I would think.

I totally agree, though what we think is better, may feel different to someone else.

Most of the time, the handling of a FWD car is better in the rain or snow. if thats what the OP was talking about, then I agree. The GS is not the best handling car in its class but it is rock solid doing high speed. If the OP's GS is drifting all the time on the highway, there is something wrong with it.

It is lots better and enjoyable but but still not how I think it should be. When you have to concentrate hard to keep from ending up somewhere else, something is not right. I am going to the dealer this weekend and going to ask to test drive another CPO 06 GS300.

It is lots better and enjoyable but but still not how I think it should be. When you have to concentrate hard to keep from ending up somewhere else, something is not right. I am going to the dealer this weekend and going to ask to test drive another CPO 06 GS300.

Good idea and great way to really find out what's up. Keep us up to date on your progress, and best of luck in getting this fixed to your satisfaction.

To put things in perspective, I use to be able to drive my GS350 at a 85 MPH with one hand on the wheel and the car would not drift at all, even on windy days.

• 2 months later...

I am considering replacing my expiring lease Infiniti M35 Sport with a GS 350. My M35 is very crisp with 245-19-40 tires and sports suspension (also rides very rough and noisy) I once had a 98 ES which was terrible about crabbing and wandering back and forth in strong crosswinds. I know the GS is different suspension and tires but the 2010 GS steering has that same kind of vague feeling that my old ES did. I had an overnight test drive but there was no wind. I hate to buy this GS and trade it in too soon re this last question because I love everything else about it.

Can anybody please commment on GS handling in crosswinds?

i bought a 2010 gs350 in nov 'o9. i have complained about this car having a tendency to wander at speeds above 60mph. dealer changed tires and factory rep named Dary drove and said it was normal. all i know is you cannot relax at speed with this car and if you sneeze you may be three feet into the next lane. i still think lexus has missed the target with respect to the tech ratio between tire/wheel, suspension and the electric power steering which seems to me to be extremely sensitive and does not seem to tighten with the correct variable ratio at higher speeds. as an aside, the factory rep told me he doesn't bother to read the lexus forum and he has no knowledge of any other complaints like mine. he also told me he was the expert on this car; don't know if this is arrogance (re: Toyota)or if he just blew me off. I have a 500clk mercedes and it sure drives much better than this lexus which my wife refuses to drive. she says it is too "skittish." anyone else had this problem????

• 2 weeks later...

i bought a 2010 gs350 in nov 'o9. i have complained about this car having a tendency to wander at speeds above 60mph. dealer changed tires and factory rep named Dary drove and said it was normal. all i know is you cannot relax at speed with this car and if you sneeze you may be three feet into the next lane. i still think lexus has missed the target with respect to the tech ratio between tire/wheel, suspension and the electric power steering which seems to me to be extremely sensitive and does not seem to tighten with the correct variable ratio at higher speeds. as an aside, the factory rep told me he doesn't bother to read the lexus forum and he has no knowledge of any other complaints like mine. he also told me he was the expert on this car; don't know if this is arrogance (re: Toyota)or if he just blew me off. I have a 500clk mercedes and it sure drives much better than this lexus which my wife refuses to drive. she says it is too "skittish." anyone else had this problem????

Yup. Skittish is a good description. I love the style and comfort

but hate the way it seems to have it's own mind on thevhwy