Rear Door Lock

kari

The passenger side read door lock on my 1999 Lexus rx300 will not open except for manually. I have seen on this site and others where I need an actuator. I contacted My Lexus Parts for a price and they quoted 234.00 for the entire door Lock which includes the actuator. My question is can I just get the actuator and if so does anyone know where?

Look at the "$15 repair for Door actuator" in the Rx "how To" which is "pinned" at the top of the 99-06 RX300/330 forum.

I did read that post. The link does not work. I am not a do it yourself person either. So can I get just an actuator? Or do I need the entire Door Lock?

Thanks

I did read that post. The link does not work. I am not a do it yourself person either. So can I get just an actuator? Or do I need the entire Door Lock?

Thanks

I've checked in the past on websites like Parts.com and toyodiy.com and have never seen the actuator listed separately from the lock assembly. Yes, the link to the actuator on the pinned thread is broken but if you search http://www.allelectronics.com you can still find it (CAT# DLA-1) for $5.50.

The passenger side read door lock on my 1999 Lexus rx300 will not open except for manually. I have seen on this site and others where I need an actuator. I contacted My Lexus Parts for a price and they quoted 234.00 for the entire door Lock which includes the actuator. My question is can I just get the actuator and if so does anyone know where?

Kari- where in Ca. are you located? If it were close (Orange Co.) I would do it for you for free after the 1st. of the year. (gone til then) No, not looking for anything but to help someone out, I've been happily married for over 47 yrs. I have done it on all 4 doors on our DIL's RX and did it on another members RX for him. The actuator (factory) is an assembly that includes everything in the one shell. The sad part is it is a $1-5. tiny motor inside that goes bad, but the shell is fused together and has to be cut apart if you can get the OEM type motor. I suggest using the aftermarket actuator that can be purchased for $5. because this will only be the 1st of others (in the other doors) that need to be replaced, if they haven't already. :)

Kari- where in Ca. are you located? If it were close (Orange Co.) I would do it for you for free after the 1st. of the year. (gone til then) No, not looking for anything but to help someone out, I've been happily married for over 47 yrs. I have done it on all 4 doors on our DIL's RX and did it on another members RX for him. The actuator (factory) is an assembly that includes everything in the one shell. The sad part is it is a $1-5. tiny motor inside that goes bad, but the shell is fused together and has to be cut apart if you can get the OEM type motor. I suggest using the aftermarket actuator that can be purchased for $5. because this will only be the 1st of others (in the other doors) that need to be replaced, if they haven't already. :)

Thank you so much, but I am in northern. I will see about getting only the actuator from the site suggested. I have a local guy that I hope will be able to do it.

Kari- with the directions on this site and Club Lexus and the pictures it should not be hard to do for anyone who is halfway alert. I like challenges and though only 2 of them were bad on my DIL's RX, I went ahead and replaced all 4 because I knew the others would go in time. I had the misfortune of having to figure out how to do it as there were none of these instructions when I did it almost 4 years ago on her car. I didn't have the almost $1300. that Lexus wanted for the 4 including tax and neither did they. I was able to use 4 donated Ford actuators, just a lot of work figuring it all out. Good Luck!