Help Plz Smoking Cats

jabar1

Hey guys im pretty new to the forum and i need some help i have a 1992 ls400

ok the problem i been having is 2 days ago before i parked my car it ran fine except the check engine light had been on for awhile but the next morning when i went to start the car it sounded diffrently and had a sort of a whirling noise that seemed to get louder as i increased the rpms.... so i parked the car and tried a few ours later and after it started it would die after 2 seconds and the idle was rough like a muscle car... after i finally got the engine to stay running (barely) i noticed smoke coming from underneath and needless to say both front cats were glowing so i turned it off and had someone pull the CEL codes and i got code 24 which is Intake air temp. sensor signal and code 31 which is Air flow meter signal what do they mean and how can i correct the errors and will these sensors cause what i described?????? plz help

by the way if i try to drive the car it will idle really rough at around 800 rpms and accelerates very slowly even when floored

plz help thanks in advance and the car has 229,368 miles on the clock

post-98062-1259963463_thumb.jpg

please search this has been covered before :)

you need an ignition coil. Very common problem. I would replace both and you'll be good for the rest of the cars life.

your car is running on 4 cylinders. DO NOT DRIVE IT UNTIL THIS IS REPLACED! you could kill your cats, if you havent already....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS-LS400...sQ5fAccessories

you need an ignition coil. Very common problem. I would replace both and you'll be good for the rest of the cars life.

your car is running on 4 cylinders. DO NOT DRIVE IT UNTIL THIS IS REPLACED! you could kill your cats, if you havent already....

thanks alot man is replacing the coils something i can do on my own or should i have a mechanic do it (im pretty good with cars)

thanks for the help i replaced the coils my self and the car runs smoothe