Cheaper Alternative To Buying New High Pressure Steering Hose

I had my 300ZX Twin Turbo high pressure pwr steering hose rebuilt by a local hydraulics and fittings shop for $35. Took an hr. A rebuilt one on the net cost $250 and you have to send your core in. Before I discovered I had this option I bought a new hose for my 94 ES. It was the long one that goes from the fan to the rack. I don't remember how much I paid, but it was way more than $35. So look into this option with your local hydraulic hose rebuilder. The shop I used does heavy duty commercial hydraulic lines as well as AC and auto applications. They replace all the rubber and crimped fittings but keep the metal lines.

I'm surprised that you had somebody who would make up a high pressure power steering hose for you. I too have a 90 300ZX, and the same hose went on my car about 3 years ago. Since it was the rubber section that was leaking, I too thought that some one local could replace that section and get me up and running again for far less than the cost of a replacement, aftermarket or Nissan.

I went to 7 different businesses that make up hydraulic hoses for multiple applications, and not one would even attempt to fix it. Every one of them said there were no fittings available to fasten their hoses to the metal sections of my steering hose, that would take the pressures the power steering pump puts out. I had no choice but to buy a new hose.