06 Rx 400h Extended Warranty

I have had my CPO 06 400h just shy of three years. No problems yet. I recently went to the dealership and asked about an extended warranty. The finance guy said I was offered a chance to buy one when I signed the purchase order and that and that was that - so sorry!! Have any of you purchased "after market" extended warranties and if so from whom?

Also, I have some type of rock hard mastic on my driver's door. Seems like it was whipped off the tire. Bug and tar stuff does nothing. What can I use to get it off without messing up the clear coat?

Thanks

Stu

I'd stay away from aftermarket extended warranties, as I haven't heard a single good thing about them. Our 06 RX400h is 4.5 years old and we have not had a single thing go bad. My guess is that we won't see any problems for years to come.

As far as the mastic, you may have to use rubbing compound, but very carefully. But first, try something like Simple Green (not concentrated). I've cleaned up tar using that, more than once.

I have had my CPO 06 400h just shy of three years. No problems yet. I recently went to the dealership and asked about an extended warranty. The finance guy said I was offered a chance to buy one when I signed the purchase order and that and that was that - so sorry!! Have any of you purchased "after market" extended warranties and if so from whom?

Also, I have some type of rock hard mastic on my driver's door. Seems like it was whipped off the tire. Bug and tar stuff does nothing. What can I use to get it off without messing up the clear coat?

Thanks

Stu

For whatever it's worth -- check out:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...t=0#entry371423

I had sent an inquiry to this tobytoyota (or whatever the name), and he told his prices (which were very competitive) and also that the Lexus Platinum Extended Warranty could be purchased until the last day of your existing new car warranty. Let us know what happens. Good luck!

I was told by my dealer that the Extended Warranty could be purchased until the last day of your existing new car warranty.

Unfortunately, my warranty expired without me noticing so I never got to put that to the test, and now if I wanted to buy a warranty I would have to go with one of those 3rd party ones... blech.

Seems to me there was an ad for AAA extended warranty ins, but I haven' t looked into it.

My extended warranty is with Justin.. Justin Cash :lol:

Just ask yourself if you'd ever buy an extended warranty on a Whirlpool refrigerator or gas dryer. I wouldn't for the same reason I don't have one on my Lexus. Odds are very good that it wouldn't be needed. Now if I were somehow inclined to buy a Mercedes or Audi, I'd HAVE to get an extended warranty.

. . . . . . . snip

I had sent an inquiry to this tobytoyota (or whatever the name), and he told his prices (which were very competitive) and also that the Lexus Platinum Extended Warranty could be purchased until the last day of your existing new car warranty. Let us know what happens. Good luck!

Which btw, I note the OP mentioned he's "nearing 3 years" ownership. You still have another year my friend ... your Lexus warranty runs 48 months, not 36. We waited 'till nearly the very end to buy. These folks btw, beat the dog snot out of everyone else's price:

http://www.toyotaofgreenfield.com/

ya don't have to get 'em from the dealer you buy it from

;)