Kumho Tires For 2008 Lexus Rx 350

Onnen

I'm stuck with replacing two of my Michelin original MXV4 Energy tires after getting a screw near the edge of the tread in one. Service folks recommended the Korean Kumho tire as comparable in performance and they also recommended replacing tire in pairs if not all 4, putting the new tires up front in a FWD car. Anyone out there with experience please shout out. Oh, the wheels are 235x55R18's, 99V rated. I'm also rotating every 5K miles.

I bought a set of Cooper tires for my car and have had nothing but problems with them, if I had it to do over a again I would spend the money and get the Michelins. I have had Cooper tires and Kumho tires on my other cars in the past and had absolutly no problems whatsoever. But, remember you get what you pay for!!!!

I bought a set of Cooper tires for my car and have had nothing but problems with them, if I had it to do over a again I would spend the money and get the Michelins. I have had Cooper tires and Kumho tires on my other cars in the past and had absolutly no problems whatsoever. But, remember you get what you pay for!!!!

I'm stuck with replacing two of my Michelin original MXV4 Energy tires after getting a screw near the edge of the tread in one. Service folks recommended the Korean Kumho tire as comparable in performance and they also recommended replacing tire in pairs if not all 4, putting the new tires up front in a FWD car. Anyone out there with experience please shout out. Oh, the wheels are 235x55R18's, 99V rated. I'm also rotating every 5K miles.

I've been rolling on Kumho's in the winter for a couple season's now. great tires. no complaints. In regards to 2 or 4 I'd recommend 4, people often think that the purpose of winters is to get you going in snow and ice. That is only partially true. Winter tires also keep ones car on the road in turns and what not. I've driven a fwd with only winters on the front, it is simply not the same when in comes to control when it comes to having all 4 winters. I found that i would loose my a$$ end when going on turns and or curves. If your after safety, then all four, no brainer. If its a cost/affordability thing... then you should weigh that against the cost of safety...

Some shops nowadays refuse to put only 2 on a car, from a legal accountability point of view.

• 2 months later...

You might want to go to tirerack.com and read the reviews on the different tires available. It is usually quite instructive, and many owners write about their experience with different tires.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Replaced my Michelins on my RX after they were worn w/ some Kumhos(road venture APT). I like the look of the tire and the wear (20,000mi so far) seems good, they do seem to have alot of road noise.

Interesting that most feedbacks on tirerack found the Kumho Road Venture APT to be much quieter than other major brands.