What Could This Be A Sign Of?

i have a 06 gs300 with 37k miles.

when i start the car in the morning, the enging would idle very high and loud (kind of like when you cold start it in very cold morning) for a while (at least a minute, maybe two) before the rpm comes back to normal. it does this during the summer so my guess is that it's not weather related.

can anyone guess why my car might do that? and what should i look for?

thank you.

i have a 06 gs300 with 37k miles.

when i start the car in the morning, the enging would idle very high and loud (kind of like when you cold start it in very cold morning) for a while (at least a minute, maybe two) before the rpm comes back to normal. it does this during the summer so my guess is that it's not weather related.

can anyone guess why my car might do that? and what should i look for?

thank you.

funny i got a 99 GS300 w/ 135000 miles that does the same thing.....it wasnt like that during the summer.....i did timing belt change and i figured it might because of that.....please do let me know if you find out anything about it...as i will do the same....

It's normal, all modern cars do it. it's part of the epa's emissions requirement to get the car's engine up to operating temp quicker "which produces less pollution". The engine is safe and fine. The computer runs the car "rich" during this period to add additional lubrication and such to prevent damage. This is the case for cars dating back to the early 90's, if not earlier. My 95' LS did this too, and I'd bet your LX does it as well, although I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't, given the weight and laws assigned to SUV's back then.