I switched over from summer tires to all seasons this past weekend. The all-seasons (brand new) was purchased from a previous owner that wanted 19" rims on his 460L. I know the TPMS is mounted in the all-seasons. But, I cannot get my car's compute to recognize the new tires. Do I need to bring my vehicle back to service and have them re-program my TPMS or is there a more simple solution? I believe I read somewhere that there can be two sets of codes programmed in one's vehicle for different sets of tires.

TIA

I switched over from summer tires to all seasons this past weekend. The all-seasons (brand new) was purchased from a previous owner that wanted 19" rims on his 460L. I know the TPMS is mounted in the all-seasons. But, I cannot get my car's compute to recognize the new tires. Do I need to bring my vehicle back to service and have them re-program my TPMS or is there a more simple solution? I believe I read somewhere that there can be two sets of codes programmed in one's vehicle for different sets of tires.

TIA

I know you could program two different pairs of four on an '06 GS430, but I know my '08 LS won't do it.

Guess they figured they were losing too much $$ by not having you vi$it them twice a year.

Whit

TIA

I know you could program two different pairs of four on an '06 GS430, but I know my '08 LS won't do it.

Guess they figured they were losing too much $$ by not having you vi$it them twice a year.

Whit

Whit's advice is right on. You might be able to save some money by getting it done some place other than the dealer. The TPMSs were mandated for all US cars beginning in 2008. By now nearly all tire businesses are equipped to do this service. It requires some electronic tools that, (1) capture the sensor IDs from the wheels by placing the tool near the valve stem and, (2) enter the sensor IDs into the car's computer via a direct (wired) connection to the car's data bus. The LS460 system only holds five sensor IDs (four on the ground plus the spare).

Jeff

TIA

Whit

Whit's advice is right on. You might be able to save some money by getting it done some place other than the dealer. The TPMSs were mandated for all US cars beginning in 2008. By now nearly all tire businesses are equipped to do this service. It requires some electronic tools that, (1) capture the sensor IDs from the wheels by placing the tool near the valve stem and, (2) enter the sensor IDs into the car's computer via a direct (wired) connection to the car's data bus. The LS460 system only holds five sensor IDs (four on the ground plus the spare).

Jeff

ATEQ is making some TPMS reprogramming software and cable for a laptop. Unfortunately they don't support the LS460 yet.

The apps they do support are at: http://revolutionsupply.com/(S(sy3zobbzr4c...ion%20Chart.pdf

Whit