Minor Scratch On Rim - How To Fix?

Dot

I have a minor scratch on the front right rim of my IS250 '09 from being too close to the curb. It is about an inch in length and merely a scrape. It's a bit noticeable like a speck of mud on the rim from afar. What can I do to fix it? Or clean it up? Recommendations of products?

Thanks

I have a minor scratch on the front right rim of my IS250 '09 from being too close to the curb. It is about an inch in length and merely a scrape. It's a bit noticeable like a speck of mud on the rim from afar. What can I do to fix it? Or clean it up? Recommendations of products?

Thanks

Dot - I had the same problem and while I didn't eliminate the mark completely, this helped alot. I started with a 150 grit sandpaper and carefully (very carefully)touched out the roughest scratches, then use higher grits of wet/dry sandpaper (using wet) up to a 2500 grit. The rim was smooth, then I sprayed the area with a clearcoat I purchased from Carquest Auto Parts from the paint department. The only thing that keeps it from becoming an invisible repair is that the aluminum from the wheel is slightly lighter than the Lexus wheel finish. Not perfect, but way better.

A little Rustoleum aluminum paint matches the Lexus paint pretty well after smoothing the scratch.

*Disclaimer*

To nitpickers and mod bashers:

Not pushing a particular brand, but this is the product I have used and it works.

Excellent post insurance bartkat :cheers:

A little Rustoleum aluminum paint matches the Lexus paint pretty well after smoothing the scratch.

*Disclaimer*

To nitpickers and mod bashers:

Not pushing a particular brand, but this is the product I have used and it works.

Excellent post insurance bartkat :cheers:

:lol: :lol: