01 Gs300 Homelink System Gargae Door System

2001 GS300. I've read and done everything in the manual to get my Homelink Garage door buttons 1-3 to program to my garage door openers. Everything I try fails! Any help? Thanks.

my brother had the same problem with his is300. before you start trying to program the buttons make sure your garage doors are closed all the way.

some openers require you to push a button on the back of the opener/motor unit, then follow the instructions cloning the old remote to the Lexus Homelink button. Try to google the brand/model of garage door opener and see if you can download a manual. My first attempt to program the Homelink worked, but it generated new codes, so the old remotes stopped working. After reading the manual, I reprogrammed the remotes again and the Homelink, and all works!

bottom line:

print the homelink instructions and try to download a manual for your brand opener.

The reason to push the button on the back of the unit is to prevent someone who services your car from being able to clone your remote and then come back and rob you.

Well I finally figured it out. After you hit the button on the back of the garage door opener, you must use the remote to program the Homelink, as published. The kicker is once you do that step, you must hit the HomeLink button 3 TIMES to have it accept the code. Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

• 2 weeks later...

i had same problem with mine. i moved and i tried it with "my new" garage and it worked. only thing i did differently was press the button on the motor of the garage door opener. before i was using my garage opener control and doing what the instructions said by holding both buttons on the garage door opener and the homelink in the car and it wouldnt work. not until i pressed the program button on the motor of the garage opener and then held the button on the homelink.