Do I Have A Dvd Or Cd Changer

mjthomas5433

I bought my 2009 Lexus ES 350 last week, and I have been poring over the users manual to no avail. I have the DVD Navigation system with a 6-disk changer. My questions is: Do I have a DVD changer where I can watch DVD's, or do I have a CD changer? If it's a CD changer, how can I update the maps if they are only on DVD? I have e-mailed and called the dealer to no avail. I guess after the sale, tehy are not interested anymore.

I tried to load a DVD, but did not get anything to come up on the screen, so that may answer my own question. However, if i don't have one, why did the options state it is a DVD Navigation system? Any help would be appreciated.

I bought my 2009 Lexus ES 350 last week, and I have been poring over the users manual to no avail. I have the DVD Navigation system with a 6-disk changer. My questions is: Do I have a DVD changer where I can watch DVD's, or do I have a CD changer? If it's a CD changer, how can I update the maps if they are only on DVD? I have e-mailed and called the dealer to no avail. I guess after the sale, tehy are not interested anymore.

I tried to load a DVD, but did not get anything to come up on the screen, so that may answer my own question. However, if i don't have one, why did the options state it is a DVD Navigation system? Any help would be appreciated.

The DVD is in a separate (single) drive for the NAV. You have a CD changer.

That is correct, but I might add, the only Lexus sound system that includes the DVD feature in the changer is the Mark Levinson system. From my understanding....the only way you can get the Mark Levinson system is in the Ultra Luxury ES350's.

• 2 weeks later...

That is correct, but I might add, the only Lexus sound system that includes the DVD feature in the changer is the Mark Levinson system. From my understanding....the only way you can get the Mark Levinson system is in the Ultra Luxury ES350's.

I was wondering that. I was confused about the question because I'm able to watch DVD's on my Nav....In park, that is ;=]

Lexus equipped some standard (non-Ultra) ES350s with the Mark Levinson system. I bought a 2009 Starfire Pearl with Tan interior standard ES350 with the ML system a month ago.

Lexus equipped some standard (non-Ultra) ES350s with the Mark Levinson system. I bought a 2009 Starfire Pearl with Tan interior standard ES350 with the ML system a month ago.

I guess Lexus changed their option packages, because that was not offered in the '07-'08 models. In fact my dealer has never seen this package on the Northeast Coast in the '09 ES. :rolleyes:

I guess Lexus changed their option packages, because that was not offered in the '07-'08 models. In fact my dealer has never seen this package on the Northeast Coast in the '09 ES. :rolleyes:

Well......after my last post I checked the West Coast packages (Los Angeles), and sure enough the ML systems were offered in the 2 out of 3 packages. I could not locate any dealers in the USA that offered the Ultra Luxury ES350's. They have to now be special ordered, and that takes almost 3 months for delivery.

Well......after my last post I checked the West Coast packages (Los Angeles), and sure enough the ML systems were offered in the 2 out of 3 packages. I could not locate any dealers in the USA that offered the Ultra Luxury ES350's. They have to now be special ordered, and that takes almost 3 months for delivery.

Confirmed. I was told by my salesman that an ES350 with the UL package would have to be ordered if none could be found at another dealer, and that it would be a 2010 model. I think he also mentioned that the wait time would be about three months. I told him not to bother checking other dealers here in the Bay Area for an ES with the UL package as I was perfectly happy with the loaded Starfire Pearl ES that I wound up buying.

I was wondering that. I was confused about the question because I'm able to watch DVD's on my Nav....In park, that is ;=]

How were you able to do this? Is there some hack for it? I tried a DVD and I could not get it to work. Please advise.

How were you able to do this? Is there some hack for it? I tried a DVD and I could not get it to work. Please advise.

I haven't tried playing a DVD in my ML system yet, but I was told when I took delivery that you first have to apply the parking brake.

I haven't tried playing a DVD in my ML system yet, but I was told when I took delivery that you first have to apply the parking brake.

I might add......the DVD will play audio and video if the parking brake is engaged, but it will continue to play audio only if you disengage the parking brake. ;)

I might add......the DVD will play audio and video if the parking brake is engaged, but it will continue to play audio only if you disengage the parking brake. ;)

I don't have the ML system, but somebody told me you can play a DVD thorugh the DVD Navigation slot. That is my question: How do I do that, if I can at all.

I don't have the ML system, but somebody told me you can play a DVD thorugh the DVD Navigation slot. That is my question: How do I do that, if I can at all.

You can't do that. The DVD Navigation slot is used strictly for Navigation system software. and NOT to play DVD Videos.

You can't do that. The DVD Navigation slot is used strictly for Navigation system software. and NOT to play DVD Videos.

That is correct ;)

Dang!!!

I should have done my research and got the ML edition.

Thanks for all of the assistance.

Awww......don't feel too bad. Actually, I only show this feature to impress people, but I hardly use it. Think of it this way.......how many times are you going to sit in your parked car to watch a DVD? :lol:

Dang!!!

I should have done my research and got the ML edition.

Thanks for all of the assistance.

Awww......don't feel too bad. Actually, I only show this feature to impress people, but I hardly use it. Think of it this way.......how many times are you going to sit in your parked car to watch a DVD? :lol:

Excellent point! :D