Reconnected Battery, Now Car Won't Crank

Solace

Help! I own a RX300. My driver's side window got stuck in the down position, so I tried disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for a while, then reconnecting it. The window still won't raise, and there is an additional problem. The dash lights up with the key in the ignition position as it should, but when I put my foot on the break and try to crank the car, the dash all the lights go off and the car won't crank. Prior to disconnecting the negative lead, it ran fine.

Help! The car is outside of the garage and it is raining. I have taped up the window to keep the rain out, but the RX300 is blocking the garage entrance, so I can't get the other car out of the garage.

I'd like to avoid having it towed to the mechanic's shop totally dead. That might just open up a menu of opportunity to be charged for any and everything.

Any good suggestions are welcomed!!

Solace

Well, if the neg, terminal is all that has changed since the car stoped starting, and the current to light up the idiot lights is negligible and could be carried through string of a wire, and your starter needs more like a rope of a wire, I'd say your ground is properly attached right (check both ends). THis hypothesis say, when you turn the key to tart, the battery sucks every bit of power it can (not much)...leaving none for the lights.

Window, Who knows, start with fuses, is locked somehow...PK

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Crisis averted.

I did think about boosting the battery, but fortunately I did not. I waited about an hour after I posted this thread and the car cranked.

The window still will not close. I had already checked the fuse before I posted and the fuse to the window was okay. I have had the intermittent closing issue with this window, but this was the first time that it absolutely would not close after a few minutes. About a month ago, I ordered one of the actuator that someone on the forum recommended. I am just going to take it to the mechanic and have him install the new one. I was able to move it from in front of the garage so that I can get my other car out. Good thing I wasn't on my way to an interview.