2003 Gs 300 Tail Light Assembly Replacement

Greetings, guys! I did a search on this forum in case someone already asked this question, but I didn't find it... Thus, I now ask...

How do replace the driver side tail light assembly? My cover was almost literally destroyed and needs to be replaced like now. The part is on its way, but I want to do it myself. Though, I'm quickly learning that they want you to send everything to a repair shop to do. It's only the tail light assembly and the parts are easily found online. However, the instructions are not. Any idea how to or can you at least point me to where I can find instructions? Thank you for listening. :)

Dave

PS. I was also wondering if it's terribly hard to get inside the headlight covers to clean them out?

From the trunk you'll want to undo the plastic fasteners that hold the trunk lining over the rear lights and pull back the lining to expose the bolts there.. Then it should just be a 10mm socket to undo the three bolt nuts that hold the light in place. When you start pulling the light assembly out, you'll see there are some plastic electrical connectors attached to all of the bulb housings for the light assembly. Disconnect these and the light housing should come free.

From the trunk you'll want to undo the plastic fasteners that hold the trunk lining over the rear lights and pull back the lining to expose the bolts there.. Then it should just be a 10mm socket to undo the three bolt nuts that hold the light in place. When you start pulling the light assembly out, you'll see there are some plastic electrical connectors attached to all of the bulb housings for the light assembly. Disconnect these and the light housing should come free.

I BELIEVE its four bolts PLUS the 2 on the outside. open the trunk, look to the side of the lights there is a circular black cover tab, pop it off with a small flat head (be gentle with it) and unscrew these also then pretty much just like the poster above me said

ALSO OP now u talking bout opening headlights? its simple....heat over to 250, while you do that remove ANY metal screws,bulbs,wiring harness, get a cooking pan and flip it upside down, turn oven OFF after preheating and let sit for 10-15 mins and then carefully use a flathead to seperate lens.

i have some pics of some i was working on....

i was having the whole inner chrome part wrapped in REAL carbon fiber

check this post

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-second-...tml#post4845365

• 2 weeks later...