Stock Audio System Panel Vs Gps Console And M.l. System?

happy rider

Actually, I think this may be a combine of two questions here. My 04 LS430 has the Stock audio system (W/o GPS central console panel). I'm thinking to switch the Audio system to Mark levison audio system and if necessary a GPS central console. My first question is, will I need more work to be done in order to have the M.L. Audio system to work? eg: M.L. Twitters and Amplifiers or just a simple swap of the central console ?

My second question here is that will there be any extra unit installation need for the GPS to be functional? Will there be any improvement to put the video signal into the GPS screen?

Thanks a bunch :D :D :rolleyes: .

If you want the real ML system you have to replace everything; the head unit, the amp and radio in the trunk and all the speakers. I believe the ML system was an option for early non-nav units; so if you really wanted to do this you might find the parts on ebay.

If you want the factory NAV system you'll need the multifunction touchscreen unit, the bezel with the climate control vents, the matching radio headunit/CD player (I don't know if the ML and non ML players and NAV and Non-NAV players are the same).

I don't know if the wiring is the same or different back there; the Nav MFD unit sits on the AVC-LAN bus and recieves signals from the NAV, Climate Control, Radio and other systems.

Honestly for all that money you could go aftermarket and probably get much better bang for your buck; people are making install kits now for the LS430. Plus to buy all these components new you would be talking into 5 figures...used who knows how reliable they would be.

Good luck.

-J

Actually, I think this may be a combine of two questions here. My 04 LS430 has the Stock audio system (W/o GPS central console panel). I'm thinking to switch the Audio system to Mark levison audio system and if necessary a GPS central console. My first question is, will I need more work to be done in order to have the M.L. Audio system to work? eg: M.L. Twitters and Amplifiers or just a simple swap of the central console ?

My second question here is that will there be any extra unit installation need for the GPS to be functional? Will there be any improvement to put the video signal into the GPS screen?

Thanks for the the info jainla.

I might just get a head display Unit with GPS touch screen unit first and work on the ML system later. Probably replace the factory speakers one by one or not at all. I did a lil bit research on the board and saw that the effect of ML would show up with spkrs, amp, and sub-woofers changed. I may try my luck at the junk yard, but will be fine if they are not immediately available. :)

If you want the real ML system you have to replace everything; the head unit, the amp and radio in the trunk and all the speakers. I believe the ML system was an option for early non-nav units; so if you really wanted to do this you might find the parts on ebay.

If you want the factory NAV system you'll need the multifunction touchscreen unit, the bezel with the climate control vents, the matching radio headunit/CD player (I don't know if the ML and non ML players and NAV and Non-NAV players are the same).

I don't know if the wiring is the same or different back there; the Nav MFD unit sits on the AVC-LAN bus and recieves signals from the NAV, Climate Control, Radio and other systems.

Honestly for all that money you could go aftermarket and probably get much better bang for your buck; people are making install kits now for the LS430. Plus to buy all these components new you would be talking into 5 figures...used who knows how reliable they would be.

Good luck.

-J