Lexus Dealers Too Expensive

jcord51

:huh: As you get older you realize that you get what you pay for, but my recent trip to repair my Cruise Control on my 2005 LS430 at a Lexus Dealership, was beyond what I could afford. I was told that the labor rate is $80 an hour and that the part if broken, could be as high as $3000. I left the dealership, and thought to myself that the Cruise Control would not be a feature that I'd be using. My display warns "Check Cruise System" when you engage cruise and you cannot override the radar laser system by engaging the cruise lever towards the dashboard for over a second! My question is for any member within Queens or Long Island, who do you take your car to that is reliable and affordable.

An $80/hour labor rate for a Lexus dealer is substantially less than where I live. Indie repair shops are usually substantially less expensive than a Lexus dealer but they are still $80-90/hour here.

Parts for the laser and radar cruise control system are expensive -- the online parts sources I use don't even give prices for them like they do for most other parts ... only say to ask for a price.

Did the dealer tell you exactly what is wrong with your cruise control?

An $80/hour labor rate for a Lexus dealer is substantially less than where I live. Indie repair shops are usually substantially less expensive than a Lexus dealer but they are still $80-90/hour here.

Parts for the laser and radar cruise control system are expensive -- the online parts sources I use don't even give prices for them like they do for most other parts ... only say to ask for a price.

Did the dealer tell you exactly what is wrong with your cruise control?

What I did was to request an estimate on the repair. They thought that the problem may be the Control module, sensor radar or the pre-collision system. All labor intensive. Just getting an estimate was going to be costly. I know that the Control module itself can be $778 if ordered via the web, that is NOT what the dealer charges plus labor.. All I wanted was to be able to just use the cruise control I don't need the laser functions at a $3000 cost! I'm sorry if I sound unreasonable.

Well see the thing is if you don't get a diagnosis of exactly what the problem is (chances are if it's throwing a code it will tell you EXACTLY what is up) they won't know what to fix.

So they'll just make up a BS number for some work that may, or may not even need to be done.

Like saying.. "Hey my engine is ticking, how much to fix it?" Without finding out what the problem actually is, there's no real way to know exactly what to fix.

Get it diagnosed at least. B)