Windshield

camlex

Hello,

My 97 ES300 is still running like New with 360,000 miles. I noticed that windshield needs to replace. It is not broke but thousands of tiny dots from hitting sands, rocks etc…

Please share your experience.

Thanks,

Wow! That kind of mileage and still going strong! Obviously you take care of your ride and its rewarded you with lots of pleasurable miles. You really can't get cheaper driving than that. You are laughing all of the way to the bank.

I know what you mean by a sandblasted windshield. It really does cut down on the visibility, particularly at night and in the rain. I'm assuming that you do much of the maintenance on your car yourself. If so, you might consider getting one of those glass polishing kits for automotive glass. Its a special pad that goes on your speed drill (or on a die grinder, etc.) and some fine compounds. Many car restorers use the system on older windshields for removing the scratches that wiper blades have left, as well as the minor sandblasting over the years. A few hours work and the cost of the kit is a whole lot cheaper than a new windshield, not to mention the good feelings you get from having done it yourself. Most auto parts stores will carry the kit, or you can go online to Eastwood.com and search for glass polishing. The kits start at less than $50 USD. Good Luck!