Warning Lights Lit But No Obd Codes

JHamel

Just purchased a 02 es300, when we looked at it the AC light was flickering and ac was shuting off. The battery was dead. The dealer put a new battery in all seemed ok so we bought it. The AC light has only flickered once since ( I read here it could be the relay). Third day with the car the check engine light comes on. Then after hitting a bit of a bump on the road most of the dash warning lights are on Trac Off, VSC, ABS, (!), what ever that is. (we don't have a manual) I purchased a OBD2 code reader and it has no error codes and the check engine light is now off. Anybody have some ideas??? loose Wiring?? Thanks.

Thanks for all the great post on this forum too.

Just purchased a 02 es300, when we looked at it the AC light was flickering and ac was shuting off. The battery was dead. The dealer put a new battery in all seemed ok so we bought it. The AC light has only flickered once since ( I read here it could be the relay). Third day with the car the check engine light comes on. Then after hitting a bit of a bump on the road most of the dash warning lights are on Trac Off, VSC, ABS, (!), what ever that is. (we don't have a manual) I purchased a OBD2 code reader and it has no error codes and the check engine light is now off. Anybody have some ideas??? loose Wiring?? Thanks.

I had the flickering problem with A/C light and it was indeed the relay. Replaced and no problem since. Not sure about the other warning lights. Good luck.

Welcome to LOC JH.....contact Lexus Canada to see if they can send you a manual......failing that e-bay is a good source....lot's of good info in there. I hope your issues are not serious......how many Km's on the car?

:cheers:

Success!!!! After further investigation I found a wheel sensor wire on the right rear that was broken at the connector. A quick patch up and a test drive and all lights are out! I will get a replacement OEM wiring harness, it's only 4 ' long with connectors. Shouldn't be more than a couple hundred bucks!!!

Thanks for input.

Car has 88,000 km it's a very nice upgrade from a 93 Camry with 375,000 km.

Cheers Jake

Success!!!! After further investigation I found a wheel sensor wire on the right rear that was broken at the connector. A quick patch up and a test drive and all lights are out! I will get a replacement OEM wiring harness, it's only 4 ' long with connectors. Shouldn't be more than a couple hundred bucks!!!

Thanks for input.

Car has 88,000 km it's a very nice upgrade from a 93 Camry with 375,000 km.

Cheers Jake

Excellent! Post pics of your new ride when you get a chance.

Do you have winter rubber or planning to get a set for your ES? Barrie & the surrounding area gets hammered pretty good. If so I can help you out if needed.

Yes we will need some snow tires for sure around here. I'm listening, are you a tire guy?

You could say that. :) I have good tire contacts as also. You might want to have a boo at this thread...

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=54260

I assume you will need 215 60 16's when the time comes (if they are stock) correct?