Rattle In Back Door

rwallican

Hey guys,

I have a 2005 ls430 with 52k miles. I've noticed a slight rattle in my rear drivers side door when I hit a small bump or something in the road. I'm not sure if something is loose on the inside or what. I really don't want to take it to the dealership to have them "test" for something and charge me $90. Just wondering if anyone else has had that problem or has any ideas what it may be. Thanks.

I've never heard of this problem before but it is about impossible to diagnose the cause without removing the inner door

panel and looking inside, could be a loose door control rod for the lock, handle etc, the window mech or there's a quarter rattling around in there.

If you think it may be a quarter in there and you pay for my plane tickets I'll come over and take a look!! lol.

LOL! Plane tickets?!? I probably would if we weren't in a recession! I thought about taking a stab at getting the door panel off. I'm sure it's something I could see. But I have no idea where to start with removing the panel. Is it difficult? Any suggestions?