Apple Iphone 3gs Not Compatible With My Wifes 1 Year Old Car?

My wife just bought a new phone [3GS] and we couldn't get it to connect to the bluetooth, which is fairly simple since she was using the original iphone and then the 3G iphone.

Is there an update at the dealer to make the iphone 3GS work with her car? Or is this something Apple could fix? It's quite saddening that it won't work since when she bought the car it had the ipod dock and then we found out you can't have the ipod and the satellite radio, now the iphone won't work.

Well I got it to work. I even called Lexus' help line and they told me/her that the new iPhone 3GS is not compatible with her car. Now upon searching for a work around or a fix, I read some posts about being able to play music thru her Bluetooth phone to her stereo. Is this doable on her car?

Either Apple could clean up their Bluetooth implementation on the iPhone or Toyota could make its Bluetooth system more forgiving as some other car manufacturers have done just to get the iPhone to work better with their Bluetooth systems. Toyota is just now coming out with cars with Bluetooth A2DP which allows streaming stereo audio from cell phones -- the first IS to have it is the 2010 IS C.