Wtb: 4 Chrome Center Caps

AzHotLS

The previous owner put these wheels on my 95 LS400 but they came with crappy silver on black emblemed center caps, one of them has come off. I want to replace them with OEM logo center caps.

Ignore the blank center caps in this pic, but this is what my wheels look like.

post-13297-1249458812_thumb.jpg

The same 2001 LS430 style chrome wheel came on my 2000 LS400 Platinum Series. I bought a new set of four all chrome center caps from Sewell Lexus ( http://www.sewellpartsonline.com ) in Texas in September, 2007 for $93.38 including shipping to Kansas.

Here are the details from the parts quote email from Sewell:

Item ID:2541, 42603-50270 - Lexus LS430 Chrome Center Cap, Quantity:4, Price:$21.37, Item Total:$85.48

Sub-Total:$85.48

Shipping: $7.90

Tax:$0.00

Total:$93.38

Parts.com often has the cheapest prices but I see today that they want $47.12 each! Their webpage says that the retail price is $68.14 each. Yikes!

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind in case no one offers a used set. I appreciate the information, especially the part numbers. I went to sewellpartsonline.com, they're $27.91USD now. The part number is also slightly different, ends with 170 instead of 270.

Hmmm, they list a 42603-50240 center cap for $12.68 ea. I wonder what that is. May have to call them.

Thanks again.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind in case no one offers a used set. I appreciate the information, especially the part numbers. I went to sewellpartsonline.com, they're $27.91USD now. The part number is also slightly different, ends with 170 instead of 270.

Hmmm, they list a 42603-50240 center cap for $12.68 ea. I wonder what that is. May have to call them.

Thanks again.

Diagrams on the Sewell website indicate that center cap 42603-50170 is for a "Type A" wheel. Yours is shown as a "Type D" wheel.

Try giving Sewell a call or send them a parts inquiry through their website -- give them the discount code or ask for their best price. Tell them that your wheels are the style that were standard on the 01 LS430 and on the 00 LS400 Platinum Series but are chrome wheels. I found used center caps when I bought mine but people wanted as much for used ones as Sewell charged for new ones.

Like most businesses, Sewell appreciates repeat customers and seems to reward them -- or at least me -- with healthy discounts.

post-2157-1249564541_thumb.png