We have recently been made aware of members receiving bogus messages from scammers stating that they have particular parts for sale. They then request members contact then via email.
Please be vigilant and do not send funds before proof of goods being dispatched and also use credit card or PayPal as these methods of payment have protection.
- If someone asks you to email them, never email and ask to use the club messenger service.
- Be aware if the Member who pm'd you is new to the community
- Always pay via Paypal (never pay as "friends or family" always "good & services", unless you know the member)
- Never pay via Bank Transfer unless you are sure you know the member
- Cash on collection after you have seen the goods. Always meet at the users registered address.
- Ask the seller to post a picture of the item along with a piece a paper with their name and email with todays date before sending money.
- If you are unsure or suspicious then email the club admins using the contact us section in the website footer. This may help other members fall in to a scammers trap.
There are many other ways to protect yourself.
Please report anything you see that looks suspicious to the club admin.