C-best And Headlights

Hadyourphil

I have seen scattered references to something called "C-Best" here and have discovered that it has something to do with various computer settings. I also found a four-page document on here relating to those settings.

The one that interests me is the sensitivity level for the 'headlights on' function. It has to get darn dark for my RX-300's lights to come on and I'd like to change that. I noticed that the four-page document refers to a "hand-held tester" used for those adjustments. Is that something that is avaliable, or something that could be made up my me?

My Lexus dealer has not gotten any repair business from me, and I really don't want to start now!

The last time I checked, a scan tool kit and program card from Toyota was well over $1,000 ... don't know if the off-brand OBDII scanners will work. I had an independent Toyota/Lexus repair shop customize a few of the settings on my 00 LS400 -- only took them a few minutes and the cost was nominal.

Edit: I checked the invoice and found that the cost was actually zero. They were doing a front brake job on my car and didn't charge me for changing the CBES/LPS settings.

What a plethora of info. Thank you very much!

joe

Per a member request via personal message, attached is a TSIB showing the settings that can be customized on an RX300.