Audio Question..

im buying a subs and an amp today.. do the stock sterios have rca outlets..

im kinda confused with this whole thing,.. hah i have a 2000 gs 300 and im buying the 12" fusions with the 450w amp.. and installation kit. if they istall it for me will there be a problem.. cause i dont have a deck like all my other friends

Spend a little more.. get a lot more.. check out onlinecarstereo or something and do some comparisons if you're on a budget... the stock radios do not have a subwoofer RCA out... you'll probably have to use a hi/low filter from the stock sub output... it would be easier to just bypass the amp and use a new headunit though.. not to mention the added features...

Spend a little more.. get a lot more.. check out onlinecarstereo or something and do some comparisons if you're on a budget... the stock radios do not have a subwoofer RCA out... you'll probably have to use a hi/low filter from the stock sub output... it would be easier to just bypass the amp and use a new headunit though.. not to mention the added features...

Im with them buddy. Djspawn is right on w. the spend a little, get a lot quote. You bought a lexus, not a taurus, just wait it out a few months till your budget can expand a little.

When I bought my car the previous owner removed all his aftermarket audio leaving me with 4 speakers pushing high's and no sub at all. Ive owned the car for a 4 months now and had a cheap audio upgrade all in the works. I took what I was thinking and presented it to a reputable car audio guy who really just broke it down for me and told me the best thing to do in the long run would be wait a while longer and purchase some quality eqip. Soo i am hoping to make moves in another month, but Im glad that when I do go through w. it at least it will be worth the investment....like my lexus

Personally I would love to replace everything w. JL products, but just can not justify the cost. However as these boys are saying you dont have to break the bank, just do some research. I found that Memphis Audio makes some great products at a very afforable price. Not to say that is your only option, just what appeals to me. But really for a little more money you can get a much better class of speakers.

As for keeping you stock unit, if you work w. certain brands (JL, Memphis, Alpine ect..) you can buy a clean sweep which uses your stock stereo but allows aftermarket output through the clean sweep. They are kinda expensive though depending on which direction you go and at times Ive found aftermarket head units to be more price friendly.....I am going with a clean sweep simply to keep my stock Navi.

Hope some of this helps.