Where To Wire Puddle Lights On A Rx 300

ravig292

i have a 2002 RX300 and i want to know what to wire the puddle lights to?

What do you mean? Are talking about adding puddle lights?

I would wire them to the light-up ring around the ignition. It goes on whenever the doors are unlocked, when the doors are open, and fades out when they're cosed.

When i had my Rx300 i added light-up door sills and tapped off of the ignition key ring bulb which gives 12V and plenty of current.

• Like 1

Where would I find a wire that connects to the ignition key ring bulb?

Just pop out the surround dash piece around the keyring (only held on with clips) and you will be able to gain access to the bulb that lights up the clear ring.

Actually, my RX300 already has factory puddle lights. Sorry, I am still learning about this vehicle. The suggestions have been helpful in terms of where to connect something that is necessary during the first few seconds just before and after entering the auto, i.e. floorboard lights, etc. The LexusOwnersClub is truly a wonderful resource. Thank you!

• 1 month later...
CDuluk, where did you get light up door sills for an RX?? Did you make them? I've seen them on some of the Lexus cars before.

i bought them on ebay from LKQ they were from the 04-09 Rx330/350. With a little trimming and bending, they fit on the 99-03 rx300! :D