I Just Bought A 2004 Gx

Hacketthornet

Hello-

I just purchased a GX 470 with 40,000 miles. It is pre-owned certified so I still have 60,000 miles new car warranty and I got new car financing. I made the purchase at Sewell Lexus in Dallas.

The car is blizzard pearl with ivory interior. I have looked & researched for two years. It looks brand new. I actually wanted the navigation rear camera option, this does not have it but it does have the rear entertainment for the grandkids.

I couldn't be prouder of a 2010!

Now, If I can just make myself take it out of the garage and drive it-----

It has a beautiful finish, what car wax would be best? Any other advice?

Thanks,

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your GX purchase, The dealer itself have got a package maybe you can start from there. There are various products in the market, Meguairs maybe you could do research on the net also.

Welcome and Congrats!

Personally I use Meguiars and sometimes just regular Turtle Wax. I wax all my cars regularly and just make sure you have clean materials when washing that car. That should keep the nice paint finish for many years to come. I've been complimented many times from people saying "That's an 03? Looks like it's only a year old" because of how I maintain the paint job on all my cars ;)

If you have any questions feel free to post and lurk around. As for the 04, there were some issues on that vehicle also but I'm not tryin to scare you right away so I'm just giving you the heads up. ;)

Thanks. I am going to enjoy this site.

No, please don't scare me I'm too proud of this car! But I do have the warranty for another 60,000 miles.

I actually called the dealership today and they said they use Mother's to do everything so I guess I'll start from there.

I live four hours from the dealership, they offer free car washes for life but that won't do me any good. I will have regular maintenance done at the local Toyota dealership and then go to Tulsa, OK (only two hours away) for any warranty work.

I am very surprised at myself. I am having a very hard time driving this. We drove it home from Dallas, to Tulsa to visit my son, and I have only driven it to work three times (I bought it 7/3). It is so clean and shiny I just know once I really start driving it there will be dings, dirt, etc. I guess for awhile I will continue to drive my 2003 van and just look at the Lexus in my garage.

Please keep the information flowing, I'm learning.........................................

• 1 month later...
Thanks. I am going to enjoy this site.

No, please don't scare me I'm too proud of this car! But I do have the warranty for another 60,000 miles.

I actually called the dealership today and they said they use Mother's to do everything so I guess I'll start from there.

I live four hours from the dealership, they offer free car washes for life but that won't do me any good. I will have regular maintenance done at the local Toyota dealership and then go to Tulsa, OK (only two hours away) for any warranty work.

I am very surprised at myself. I am having a very hard time driving this. We drove it home from Dallas, to Tulsa to visit my son, and I have only driven it to work three times (I bought it 7/3). It is so clean and shiny I just know once I really start driving it there will be dings, dirt, etc. I guess for awhile I will continue to drive my 2003 van and just look at the Lexus in my garage.

Please keep the information flowing, I'm learning.........................................

Congratulations on the GX purchase. I purchased a 2007 GX for my wife 2 months ago, and then traded in my truck on a 2006 GX for me. I hate to wax a vehicle, however, when I do it, I expect it to last. I work for O'Reilly Auto Parts (18 years) and have tried a ton of products and listened to many people talk about the products they use. I have now been using a product by turtle wax called ICE. It's a synthetic that goes on very easy and wipes off very easy. It leaves a great shine. I've learned it takes two coats on hood to really bring out the shine, and one coat everywhere else seem to work well. Also, for quick touch ups LUCAS makes a great spray detailer. Clean Towels, clean towels, clean towels !!! And you'll be looking great.