How Much Can I Expect To Pay For Wheel/tire Work?

cduluk

Hey guys/gals.

I've been toying with the idea of purchasing a set of chrome wheels for my Rx400h, and found a great deal so i took it!

I found a set of NEW chrome wheels WITH new tires for $1300 shipped on ebay. This way i will have a complete set for the summer months, and i can use my factory set for the winter months.

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...alenotsupported

My problem is that the wheels/tires i bought are already assembled, but there are no TPMS sensors installed, only standard valve stems.

So i purchased a set of 4 sensors on ebay as well (they're apparently working, from an 07 ES but will still fit RX).

When the wheels/tires arrive, i'm gonna have to take them somewhere to get them ready to be installed. This is what i'll need done:

1. Have the new tires removed from the chrome rims.

2. Have the standard valve stems removed.

3. Have the TPMS sensors installed in their place.

4. Have the new tires be put back on the chrome rims.

5. Have all 4 tires balanced again...

6. Have my stock rims/tires removed from the car.

7. Have the front end aligned (it needs an alignment...)

8. Have the chrome rims/tires put on the car.

And from here i should be able to press the "reset" button under the steering column to get the car to recognize the new sensors.

So what type of place should i take the car to, to have this work done? Town Fair Tire? And what can i expect to pay?

I don't need any materials purchased from the place, as i have everything. I'll just need to pay them for their time.

Thanks for any input guys!

Just for giggles, did you call your local Lexus dealer to at least see what price you are starting from? If you are a regular (speak with the service manager) perhaps they will give you a good deal....My Lexus dealer did.

:cheers:

Hmm, didn't even think to bother asking them. I'd assume they'd charge a premium.

We don't have regular services done at our local dealer, unless it's warranty work... My father had an argument with one of the managers over a decade ago and he refuses to have anything to do with them unless absolutely necessary...

I did stop by one of the Town Fare Tire places around here, and the guy said, "Well we usually charge $99, but for you i can do it for umm..... $69".

So i guess that's good? lol.

Hmm, didn't even think to bother asking them. I'd assume they'd charge a premium.

We don't have regular services done at our local dealer, unless it's warranty work... My father had an argument with one of the managers over a decade ago and he refuses to have anything to do with them unless absolutely necessary...

I did stop by one of the Town Fare Tire places around here, and the guy said, "Well we usually charge $99, but for you i can do it for umm..... $69".

So i guess that's good? lol.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

:cheers:

Well, it's been three weeks and my car is still not done at the autobody shop from being keyed. Two out of the four chrome wheels/rims came today (the other two were shipped a day later) and they're sitting in my garage...

The rims/wheels look AWESOME! They're a little dirty but no staining to the chrome face.

There are a few tiny-tiny blisters in the chrome on the back of the rims, on the round piece (with the 5 holes) that fits against the rotors or whatever you call them. I guess they didn't prep this surface very well before chroming? But the faces themselves are spotless and the finish is awesome.

GRRR i want my car back so i can get these installed!!!

Do you think it would be ok if i brought the wheels to the autobody shop and asked if they could put them on? I'd assume autobody shops deal with broken tires etc and would have the machines to install and align a front end, no? I mean, if they have my car, they'd may as well...