Battery Replaced After Long Stint

mann777

Finally my GX battery which last since the start I have owned, today it finally went dead, though all the lights radio, Turn Lights, Headlamp Beam all were absolutely bright, but does not hold charge after 3-4 hours break, had to jump start regularly, I decided to buy the Toyota Lexus battery from the dealer, cost 130/$. Phew the original battery last almost 6yrs. I decided to go for the original since it has lasted such long compared to the other models available.

Finally my GX battery which last since the start I have owned, today it finally went dead, though all the lights radio, Turn Lights, Headlamp Beam all were absolutely bright, but does not hold charge after 3-4 hours break, had to jump start regularly, I decided to buy the Toyota Lexus battery from the dealer, cost 130/$. Phew the original battery last almost 6yrs. I decided to go for the original since it has lasted such long compared to the other models available.

$130? you can buy a Optima for that price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I have the original OEM battery in my 2004 GX70 with 125k miles on the car and the battery still works and when I checked the battery condition window on the top of the battery....it is still BLUE. Based on this experience I might buy the same battery again from a Toyota! dealer.

since how long you have had and how much did you pay for...and was it via the dealer. How long did the original battery (OEM) last.