Prettiest Car Ever...

LC6529

I would like to hear from other SC430 owners the comments they get on their car.

I drive a 2002 SC430, Silver with 35K miles. I bought it in 2006 with 19K miles after much debate.

Previously I had only driven Camaro / Mustang convertibles but decided I was really getting tired of the rumble and harshness

of the 'muscle cars' and wanted a smoooooth hardtop convertible that rode well, had rear wheel drive and plenty of power if it was needed.

The SC430 fit the bill though I was worried it would be seen as 'too soft'.

To my surprise, this car has received more compliments than any convertible I have owned!

When I first picked it up, I drove it to a gas station with the top down to fill it up. Another customer walked over and said

"Damn man! That is one drop dead gorgeous car!"

A few days later I pulled into a "Zippy Mart" to quench my thirst and the young teenage kid looked out and saw my car and

said sadly 'Man! I'd never be able to afford a good looking ride like that!'

The best compliment I received was when I was stopped at work by a lady who asked me "Do you drive that little silver

sports car in the parking lot?" (It's the ONLY SC430 out there)

I replied "Yes I do!"

She told me "That car is sooo beautiful! When I saw it I told my husband I have got to find one when I retire!"

What are your stories?

I wouldn't say "prettiest" car, but I would say my sc430 is pretty "sick" (in a good way)...

I bought mine used off eBay last summer... it's a 2002 & dark purple in colour ("twilight amethyst pearl" to be exact)

I live in an area that doesn't have that many sc430's... so my car is a rarity already.

I made some simple enhancements to it (not as much as others on this forum), i.e. 3rd-party 5 spoke triple-chrome rims, painted (red)/lettered (white) calipers, blacked-out grill & debadged.

I went from driving a '98 Honda Odyssey van (seriously)... to this... and I notice people looking at my car all the time, while driving, while parked... I am totally shocked at the attention it gets, even from Porsches & other high-end car drivers.

I've been asked if it's a Maseratti or some other exotic...

One guy in a VW Golf nearly rear ended the guy in front of him because of my car (I feel kinda bad about that... but only a little)

While at a gas station I heard the boys in an SUV ask their mom, "ask him what kind of car that is"...

All I wanted was a reasonably priced, reliable hard-top convertible... and for about $20,000 I got such a sweet ride (and the head-turning aspect was a totally unexpected bonus)... I would have to spend triple that or more to get something as comparable... but then it wouldn't be as fun...

Have a great rest of the summer everyone!

Yes, I agree I just bought a 2002 Sc430 (Dark Purple) as mentioned above. I was a little worried about purple at first. I really like the Blue, but this car has great character. Most of the people see it and think it is Black. Once they get close to it they realize it is a deep metalic purple. Great Car - Fantasitic color.

i know this isn't my forum, however my SC400 receives muchhhh of the same compliments. its navy blue with alloy wheels with HID headlights, K&N intake, and aftermarket exhaust. i notice people driving by me and giving it a second look, mostly though is when i drive by a group of kids hanging out on the street or out in front of the store every single one of them is just fixed on "what just pulled up" fantastic car and they stick out like sore thumbs in the areas where there aren't any others around.

:D

oh also whenever i go to a friends house i've never been before the parents ask me how i drive a better car than they do aha little do they know its a 93' SC4 in absolutely gorgeous shape. I'm 18 and people think i'm rich to drive a car like this around.

cheers to the SC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Prettiest................I don't know.

Here are a couple of pictures of mine.............and then a couple of pictures of me and the Ferrari F430-F1 that I test drove a couple of days ago. I'm going to look at a red one with tan interior this coming week.

I think the Ferrari has it beat.........

trailershowroom, please tell me you're test driving a Ferrari in a Bert's Tee Shirt!!!! Awesome!!!

Prettiest................I don't know.

Here are a couple of pictures of mine.............and then a couple of pictures of me and the Ferrari F430-F1 that I test drove a couple of days ago. I'm going to look at a red one with tan interior this coming week.

I think the Ferrari has it beat.........

trailershowroom, please tell me you're test driving a Ferrari in a Bert's Tee Shirt!!!! Awesome!!!

Don't you know it..............an $11K Rolex, a $300K Ferrari, and a $12.00 Bert's Surf Shop T-Shirt and Levi's shorts.

What else do you want out of life?

I drove the F430 about 20 miles. They told me to "drive it like you stole it if you want to"..........Wooooooooo.