Trunk Wiring Questionss

Tommy_B

okay so i went outside today and opened my trunk to check for this wiring problem..now im confused because i dont know which wires im supposed to be looking at.

when i opened the trunk i didnt see any wires, so i started to take the carpet off the side of the trunk and then i found ALOT of wires, they also split and go to different places.

so can anyone help figure out which set of wires im supposed to be looking at?

oh and i saw a set going into a red box, is that the one that i need to check?

Hi Tommy,

My failed wire was a black one that goes into the driver's side trunk hinge bracket. I think the best way to find it is to get inside the trunk and look at where the wire loom would have to bend when the trunk closes.

Mine was pinched easily if the trunk had too much stuff in in like when I go on vacation.

That last beach towel stuffed on top of the suitcases was all it took to get me locked out of my trunk in Nowhere, Ohio! :o

okay so i went outside today and opened my trunk to check for this wiring problem..now im confused because i dont know which wires im supposed to be looking at.

when i opened the trunk i didnt see any wires, so i started to take the carpet off the side of the trunk and then i found ALOT of wires, they also split and go to different places.

Tommy,

I believe the wire problem IS400 (the most beautiful thing I've ever seen holding a torque wrench) is talking about pertains to the model years prior to the 1995+ series. I think the little black wire problem was solved with the update done to the LS series in 95'. I think you're ok with your 96'.

What part of NC are you from? I was just there last week (Atlantic Beach) for family vacation, and LOADED UP on some sweet Carolina go-go juice (Sun Drop). I had our family 4runner loaded down with 58 - 2 liters, 3 cases of cans, and 3 cases of the oil-can bottles, to bring back to Chicago! If anyone doubts the pulling power of a Toyota V8 engine, then you should have been with us last Friday while going through the mountains of West Virginia while on our way back to sh*tcago. :lol:

Tommy,

I believe the wire problem IS400 (the most beautiful thing I've ever seen holding a torque wrench) is talking about pertains to the model years prior to the 1995+ series. I think the little black wire problem was solved with the update done to the LS series in 95'. I think you're ok with your 96'.

What part of NC are you from? I was just there last week (Atlantic Beach) for family vacation, and LOADED UP on some sweet Carolina go-go juice (Sun Drop). I had our family 4runner loaded down with 58 - 2 liters, 3 cases of cans, and 3 cases of the oil-can bottles, to bring back to Chicago! If anyone doubts the pulling power of a Toyota V8 engine, then you should have been with us last Friday while going through the mountains of West Virginia while on our way back to sh*tcago. :lol:

ohhh okay thanks. i was just gonna check it before i went and replaced the alternator.

andd im from this litttle littttle town haha

Awwee nc211, you know just how to make a woman blush! :P

Have a great summer sweetie.

B) ;)

Tommy, I offer you exhibit A:

post-15797-1247581513_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy folks...

I have a question about the wire bundle...

I looked at mine and discovered that the yellow wire has been cut...on purpose or accident...???

What is the yellow one for?

I do have a "tail light out" indicator always lit on the instrument cluster...but the tail lights works fine.

I have also gone through two alternators in the past 6 months...and 2 batteries.

Should I splice it? leave it alone? My best guess is that it has been like this for longer than 6 months...the indicator light on the dash has been on for years...

THX!