Timing Best Issue Lexus Ls400

turbo976

hello everyone, i recently purchased a used ls400 with roughly 120k miles on it, i love the car, and am looking forward to many more miles with it. i am going to bring it in to my mechanic in a few days so he can give it the once over to make sure everything is in working order.

My issue is that i do not know if the timing best was ever changed on the car. It didn't say anything in the carfax history report about it being replaced and i bought the car from an auction so there was no paper work. I have a hard time believing that it hasn't been replaced with 120k miles on it. And that last thing i want to do is pay my mechanic 400 bucks to open up the engine and tell me that it was already replaced, is there anyway i can tell if it had been replaced? Thanks everyone

From my experience with having timing belts on Lexus LS cars replaced three times, a sticker showing the mileage at which the timing belt was replaced has usually been placed in the engine compartment. The timing belt replacement interval is 90,000 miles or 6 years - which ever comes first. If yours is a 96, it should be on its third timing belt.