Reverse Light Indicator 92 Lexus Ls 400

mister j

Lately when driving my car I have been having problems when I put on breaks. The reverse indicator lights comes on in the dash and the car jerks before coming to a stop, pretty annoying... When in park and I apply the breaks, the light comes on as well. Any answers???

Yep, there are one or more broken wires in the left trunk hinge. I had the same problem on the 90 LS I used to own. It is an extremely common problem and your question has been asked countless times. You can search this forum for "hinge" and find other threads about the problem.

Unwrap the wire bundle and splice new wires in. Soldering is best.

Yep, there are one or more broken wires in the left trunk hinge. I had the same problem on the 90 LS I used to own. It is an extremely common problem and your question has been asked countless times. You can search this forum for "hinge" and find other threads about the problem.

Unwrap the wire bundle and splice new wires in. Soldering is best.

What about the slight jump i get from the car when i apply the breaks. The car thinks its in reverse but its not, how can that be fixed?

What about the slight jump i get from the car when i apply the breaks. The car thinks its in reverse but its not, how can that be fixed?

Did I not make myself clear? Unwrap the wires in the left trunk hinge and splice in new wires to replace the broken ones.

You are at least the 100th person who has asked this question on various Lexus forums. Trust me. Just do it. Or search this and other Lexus LS400 forums for the word "hinge" and you will find the same information I am giving you.