Which Rims For Is 250 C

I should be getting my new IS 250 C on Thursday and I ordered the car with the stock rims. I think I want custom rims but the dealer wants Mega-Bucks. They have add-on rims for $2500 to $5000. OUCH!. I was looking online and was wondering if it would be better to purchase rims for a fraction of the cost and then have them installed by Big-O or a local tire company.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Gary

Which rims come stock on the C? Are they the Lobster Claw rims? I'm assuming they are the same that come on the 250's and 350's.

To answer your question, I'd have to know why you want to change the rims out. If it's for a better rim pattern alone, then yeah, the off the rack aftermarket rims will do ok. I would stick with popular names like Enkie, BBS, ASA, etc etc. But you should know that when it comes to rims, there are reasons why those expensive rims are expensive, and why cheap rims are not expensive. So keep in mind that with these selections, your actually giving up a better set of rims for better looking rims. Which is kind of why I think if your going to change out the rims, you should trade up. Rims are expensive. You pay at the door, or go home and no show for you.

I should be getting my new IS 250 C on Thursday and I ordered the car with the stock rims. I think I want custom rims but the dealer wants Mega-Bucks. They have add-on rims for $2500 to $5000. OUCH!. I was looking online and was wondering if it would be better to purchase rims for a fraction of the cost and then have them installed by Big-O or a local tire company.

Thanks,

Gary

If you have them change out the rims on a car before delivery they should credit you something for the existing new rims. also. Also which Lexus rims (upgrade) are you looking at. I would shop the rim you are looking for on the web with different dealers/suppliers, which may get you a better price to then go back to your dealer and negotiate. They make their money on these extras, but there is alot of "play" in the price - so don't just roll over. Hindsight is 20/20, but next time negotiate the price of the vehicle with the rims ( and all the options) you want, rather then making the deal and then adding on. Just my 2 cents.

Which rims come stock on the C? Are they the Lobster Claw rims? I'm assuming they are the same that come on the 250's and 350's.

To answer your question, I'd have to know why you want to change the rims out. If it's for a better rim pattern alone, then yeah, the off the rack aftermarket rims will do ok. I would stick with popular names like Enkie, BBS, ASA, etc etc. But you should know that when it comes to rims, there are reasons why those expensive rims are expensive, and why cheap rims are not expensive. So keep in mind that with these selections, your actually giving up a better set of rims for better looking rims. Which is kind of why I think if your going to change out the rims, you should trade up. Rims are expensive. You pay at the door, or go home and no show for you.

I don't know how to answer that question except to look at the pics on the lexus site. By the way, I did pick up the car yesterday and have decided not to get aftermarket rims. Stock rims look nice and I saved a bunch of cash!

Thanks,

Gary

If you have them change out the rims on a car before delivery they should credit you something for the existing new rims. also. Also which Lexus rims (upgrade) are you looking at. I would shop the rim you are looking for on the web with different dealers/suppliers, which may get you a better price to then go back to your dealer and negotiate. They make their money on these extras, but there is alot of "play" in the price - so don't just roll over. Hindsight is 20/20, but next time negotiate the price of the vehicle with the rims ( and all the options) you want, rather then making the deal and then adding on. Just my 2 cents.

I went to the dealer to pick up the car yesterday and I am happy with the rims that came with the car. You are right about negotiating before the deal rather than after the deal but I wasn't thinking about different rims until my daughter suggested it.