Spark Plugs 2006 Gs300

Hello!

I just replace spark plugs on my 2006 GS300. That was a real challenge! First, I went to autostore and bought spark plugs. But when I remove old pugs, they was longer than the new ones. Return plugs and got new one from Ebay ( DENSO iridium IK16) it was in the OEM list for 2006 GS300. When I got them they was shorter to! I call DENSO Corporation to get some answers, and they told me to not install IK16, because thay burn hotter and shorter. I have to get original OEM (DENSO FK20HBR11 iridium) only(!) from dealer, no one else have it for sale. Ok,call to 3 dealers (Seattle area), all have a different price from 18$ to 27$ for one. Took car apart again (3rd time) and find out one of them was different :( Went back to get the right one!

Anyway, from my experience, you can`t substitute DENSO FK20HBR11 or NGK ILFR6D11T for nothing else. Toyota have a similar plug FK20HR11, but does not have "B" (triple electrode).

Don`t make my mistakes! ;)

How many miles on your GS? Plugs should not have to be replace until 90-100k miles.

Once you got the right plugs, how easy was it to access them and change them out?

The front three on my 02 ES were easy as pie but the back three were a nightmare.

steviej

How many miles on your GS? Plugs should not have to be replace until 90-100k miles.

Once you got the right plugs, how easy was it to access them and change them out?

The front three on my 02 ES were easy as pie but the back three were a nightmare.

steviej

A have 66000 miles on it. The manual book said spark plugs need to be replace at 65000. They more expensive than regular plugs but last longer. Regular plugs should be replase every 30000 miles.

I don`t know about ES, on GS300 is preety easy. You have to unscrew a couple bolts and nuts on the right side to get to them, and remove intake air assembly on the left side. I did it with in 20-25 min.( never done it before on Lexus). Toyota/Lexus is a good car to work on, not to complicated. Did you open Chryser PTCruser hood? That`s complicated! :(

Good luck! Easy procedure can save you money fo beer for intire month! :D

i heard they shouldn't be kept in that long cuz the seal around the plugs can melt making it difficult to remove the plugs.

Maybe you right about! Anyway, my point is- why autostores and internet companies sell you a parts which does not belong to the car??? At least Ebay seller send me irridium plugs. Shucks(O`relly) sell me a regular plugs (not even platinum). It`s like if i go to the store and ask for headache medicine and they give you a medicine from diarea! :angry: