Formed Plastic Panels Under The Hood

gabep

I was looking at all the plastic panels under the car and the hood and it occurred to me these are just crap panels to discourage people from working on the vehicle. Any thoughts?

I was looking at all the plastic panels under the car and the hood and it occurred to me these are just crap panels to discourage people from working on the vehicle. Any thoughts?

Wrongo Bongo, They are for protection and aerodynamics. If you can't get the covers off then you shouldn't be working on the car in the first place ;)

My name is not Bongo and I can remove the covers with no problem. It was a legitamite question without asking for a sarcastic reply. Grow up!! I see no aerodynamic value to a panel behind the grill. Just for your info I have been working on and rebuilding cars since 1954.

My name is not Bongo and I can remove the covers with no problem. It was a legitamite question without asking for a sarcastic reply. Grow up!! I see no aerodynamic value to a panel behind the grill. Just for your info I have been working on and rebuilding cars since 1954.

Wrongo Bongo is just a saying, I was not refering to your name, Pardon me. The aerodynamic cover is under the car and both the top and bottom cover protect the engine bay from dirt, grime, debris etc... So, They are not crap panels, Lexus engineers have them in place for a reason. It was not my intent to aggrivate you. Enjoy your Lexus :cheers:

Wrongo Bongo is just a saying, I was not refering to your name, Pardon me. The aerodynamic cover is under the car and both the top and bottom cover protect the engine bay from dirt, grime, debris etc... So, They are not crap panels, Lexus engineers have them in place for a reason. It was not my intent to aggrivate you. Enjoy your Lexus :cheers:

The shield underneath the engine is for protection from the road hazards, the top portion is for a classic looking (with Lexus logo) to impress people.

Arodynamic? no, no, not at all.

I took the top of from my es300 (95) 7 years ago, at beginning I felt funny everytime I opened the hood, later, I dont even remember I had one.

Wait until you see the newer Lexus cars and the covers on them...

Its to make a neat and tidy looking engine bay and to reduce noise. If they bother you...remove them.

The only person being sarcastic here gabep, dc's response was obviously in jest hence the smilie, no need to insult people. If you post something on an internet forum, be ready to recieve comments and you won't like all the comments you get trust me.

The shield underneath the engine is for protection from the road hazards, the top portion is for a classic looking (with Lexus logo) to impress people.

Arodynamic? no, no, not at all.

I took the top of from my es300 (95) 7 years ago, at beginning I felt funny everytime I opened the hood, later, I dont even remember I had one.

Remember the Lexus commercial for the LS where they showed the airflow above AND under the car where they explained the aerodynamics of the underside of the car ? Yeah, That one, Well the under engine cover has alot to do with that. ;)

• 2 years later...