Rx300 Rear Rattle

I have a 2003 Rx300 that has a rattle in the rear cargo area. I have taken it to the dealer and they say it performs as new. I still have the rattle, that occurs while driving into a driveway with a small raised apron. It almost sounds like a shock topping out type sound. It does not do it over larger bumps. The dealer assures me there is nothing wrong yet I DO have the rattle. I have checked the spare tire area and jack etc. nothing appears loose. Any suggestions? It is annoying and sounds like a cheap car.

I have a 2003 Rx300 that has a rattle in the rear cargo area. I have taken it to the dealer and they say it performs as new. I still have the rattle, that occurs while driving into a driveway with a small raised apron. It almost sounds like a shock topping out type sound. It does not do it over larger bumps. The dealer assures me there is nothing wrong yet I DO have the rattle. I have checked the spare tire area and jack etc. nothing appears loose. Any suggestions? It is annoying and sounds like a cheap car.

I had a rattle and it turned out to be the license plate & holder that sometimes rattled. Double-stick rubber took car of that problem. But when I originally bought the car, a muffler bracket also rattled, but the sound was more to the back UNDER the car.

• 3 weeks later...

On my RX those little plastic flaps at the far left and right sides on the upper part of the rear seat (I believe they are for folding the seat) rattled. It's just a small plastic flap but it'll vibrate up and down at the right RPM. It can be frustrating at times.

Also, if you have the OEM Lexus first aid kit be sure nothing in there is bouncing around, even the zipper tab on the little kit can rattle, mine did.

I know these are little things but if you're like me you can't even drive once you hear one of these rattles. Good luck.