Frustration

OK club members. Why do Lexus dealers think that they are going to get INVOICE pricing on a CPO? What I am refering to is CPO 07 and 08's GS's. Some dealers are pricing CPOs higher than brand new GS's!! WOW. They even try to LIE to new buyers about what a wholesaler would pay!!! Thank goodness I have access to MMR's! :angry:

Well I apologize for the frustration. I enjoy the forums and have been searching for a CPO GS430 or GS350 since March. I appreciate the feedback whenever I have questions.

OK club members. Why do Lexus dealers think that they are going to get INVOICE pricing on a CPO? What I am refering to is CPO 07 and 08's GS's. Some dealers are pricing CPOs higher than brand new GS's!! WOW. They even try to LIE to new buyers about what a wholesaler would pay!!! Thank goodness I have access to MMR's! :angry:

Well I apologize for the frustration. I enjoy the forums and have been searching for a CPO GS430 or GS350 since March. I appreciate the feedback whenever I have questions.

Lexus always have high re-sale value, that good for the owner trading in their car but not good for bargain hunters likr yourself looking to save a few buck on a low mileage used car.

I went through the same ordeal for over 5 months..SO I feel your pain. I knew what i wanted but just simply could not afford to pay what they were asking for a CPO. I scoured ebay and autotrader and even craigslist 3 times a day. my suggestion still is with some luck and patients, hold out for a private party car and the heck with the salesman at the dealer. In this economy ppl dont NEED luxury cars.. the dealers were still acting like it was 2006 When I was in there 6 months ago...I tried everything and they acted as if they were selling me a hybrid and doing me a favor by taking 1k off their asking price. Just buy the warr from lexus directly. Its not the same exact as a cpo but the Platnium is indeed a lexus warranty with VERY few exclusions. It covers the mark lev, navi, back up camera etc..Thats expensive stuff if they break. and all cars break sometimes, even our beloved Lex's. The drivetrain in these cars are very good though. SO I "settled" for a 06 over..with more miles than I wanted but with the waranty I have piece of mind like a cpo. Find one with less than 50k on the clock and your golden. Also its hard to find the exact color and options we always want so if your flexible on that there are some on ebay 06's if your ok with the 430. The 430's are rolling out of warr now so they are dropping in price the last quarter ive noticed.. Find a 430 with a in service date thats 3 months away from being out.. one that has ANY factory left even if its a month- or a few 1000 miles and lock it up. ITs better than paying 37k for an 07. Thats just my 2cents!

GSNoles - thanks for the insight on the market here - I'm actually starting to research buying a GS here myself, and I appreciate the information!

esowers- My pleasure..Everyone here at the LOC was good to me in my seach. im just trying to pay it forward. There are a lot of deals on ebay lately that Ive noticed. Not so much auto trader..You are probably looking for an AWD in CHI? There are a few AWD's that are pretty slow to move here in FL..Most of them being 06 300's..The local dealer here in the bay area and sarasota both end up selling most of theirs on ebay to northerns online when they cant move them here.

I was scared to purchase a car on ebay sight unseen but the best thing is to find a car within 200 miles of you listed as an "ebay classified" NOT an auctual ebay "auction". Hoof it out and go see it and make them an offer if you like it! You dont have to transact on ebay. I got lucky finding someone who lived 12 miles from me the day after he listed it-I drove it and bought it the next day. He had it listed for 2 days..An ebay private pty classified deal takes some anxiety out of the transaction..You pretty much have to go 2 to 3 years old to get a real decent depreciation discount on the GS's.. one year old GS's certified are not going to be discounted enough to make sense over a brand new one..At least not here in FL..Good luck and Happy hunting!

• 3 weeks later...
Lexus always have high re-sale value, that good for the owner trading in their car but not good for bargain hunters likr yourself looking to save a few buck on a low mileage used car.

Not true in my opinion. In fact there was some discussion on this board a while back about how lousy resale on these cars often is (see http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...howtopic=54798). I love my car, but in terms of resale, it certainly falls behind the other cars I've owned.