Armyofone Detailed-2008 Kia Rio Lx

Wow, this was a nice little car. It belonged to a co-worker.

Wash:

-Meguiars Deep Cyrstal Shampoo

-P21S Paintwork Cleaner

Clay:

-Mothers Aggressive Clay system

-Hot, soapy (dawn) water for lube.

Polish:

-Optimum Polish II

-Glaze:

Megs #7 Show Car Mirror Glaze

Wax:

-Megs #26

Sealant:

-Jetseal 109

Interior:

-OxyClean Laundry Stain remover (carpet)

-Megs Dash/Trim Foam Conditioner

-Wet/dry vac.

Before:

DSC01328.jpg

DSC01327.jpg

DSC01325.jpg

DSC01326.jpg

After:

DSC01330.jpg

DSC01331.jpg

DSC01332.jpg

DSC01333.jpg

DSC01334.jpg

point?

Its a Kia on a Lexus website?

He's sharing a car he detailed with the rest of the community. Where in the site's rules does it say people can only discuss Lexus vehicles on the LOC?

Josh is a really nice guy who spends his life getting blown up for our country...I enjoy seeing his details as I know other people do too.

It has nothing to do with rules to my query.

The first 3 ok fine but to keep posting all the cars on the street he washes and vacuums , what is the point of that . Is their a special technique to it ? Because i don't see it other than post after post of washing cars.

Where does the Lexus community gain from these posts?

Not saying Josh is not a nice guy as that has nothing to do with the posts.

Are you saying because he works for the US army in Upstate NY that it means all servicemen/women should be exempt from trying to contribute meaningful posts and just any random blog type posts?

You pull off a job like the one done on the Toyota Century and that is worthy posting as it shows great skill and possible goals that can be achieved.

Its cool if its his car as a member of the forum and he shows what he did as an update , but to update every single monotonous wash and vac is pointless.

That is all i am saying , nothing to do with what he does or who he is , just looking at it as posts. ;)

It has nothing to do with rules to my query.

The first 3 ok fine but to keep posting all the cars on the street he washes and vacuums , what is the point of that . Is their a special technique to it ? Because i don't see it other than post after post of washing cars.

Where does the Lexus community gain from these posts?

Not saying Josh is not a nice guy as that has nothing to do with the posts.

Are you saying because he works for the US army in Upstate NY that it means all servicemen/women should be exempt from trying to contribute meaningful posts and just any random blog type posts?

You pull off a job like the one done on the Toyota Century and that is worthy posting as it shows great skill and possible goals that can be achieved.

Its cool if its his car as a member of the forum and he shows what he did as an update , but to update every single monotonous wash and vac is pointless.

That is all i am saying , nothing to do with what he does or who he is , just looking at it as posts. ;)

Excuse me? Wash and vac? This is a business that I make ALOT of money with. How dare you. You have NO idea the amount of time/effort I put into the jobs I do.

I have pulled off jobs like the Toyota Century. Problem is, look where I reside. NOBODY has nice/expensive cars up here, because the salt eats them alive. So I post the jobs I do, because people have questions as to what to use and what not to use. These are what people in my area drive. You dont like it? that sucks. Put it in the rules that it isnt allowed and I will stop. And while you are at it, maybe you should just ban every non-lexus owner from posting altogether. Seems to be the correct course of action in this situation anyway. I have been a member here a LONG time. And I deeply enjoy the forums. I contribute in more ways than just "blog posts". If you dont see it that way, sorry. Nothing I can do about it.

Edited by SW03ES

Its the detailing forum...he has posted a detail here that includes the use of specific products and techniques that he has outlined. The purpose is to share the results certain products acheive on certain types of paint finishes. Go to the autopia.org site, there are two entire forums that are dedicated to exactly what he has just posted...one for general members and one for professionals.

If it were out in the general forums I might agree with you, but in the detailing forum when the purpose is to discuss detailing...to me this is exactly what this forum is for...

And no, Josh being a longtime member, a good guy, and a member of the army who has seen and been injured in the line of combat doesn't mean that he should be exempt from being expected to contribute meaningful posts. It does however mean that he should be treated with a modicum of respect and decorum that was a little lacking in your post I think. Incredibly rude, whether that was your intention or not.

• 2 weeks later...

ArmryofOne .... just my two cents .... I appreciate the time you took to show us how to do what you do .... the products you have chosen, and how they worked for you .... great job, by the way! As for me, auto detailing has been kind of a hobby ... well ... kind of .... so I am always on the look-out for new products, or perhaps how other well known products are working for other detailers ..... so I appreciate your postings here .....

I am the one guy on my street who is so often out in the driveway cleaning a car, or waxing a car ..... I think it is a good bet that my neighbors think I am perhaps a little crazy (their cars always look like crap, however) ....

anyways ..... thanks for the information you have shared ......

:cheers: