Headlight Not Working (ecu)

luvme_2

My 2004 RX330 driverside headlight is not working. Replaced the bulb and still not working. Took to the dealer and they are charging me $600+ and that includes a bulb, ECU & labor. Well, the bulb only cost me $42 on ebay and the dealer charges almost $200, I think. What exactly is the ECU because it's over $300? Is it something that is included in the entire headlight kit? Honestly, I just can't afford the ECU right now but need that headlight working something awful.

My 2004 RX330 driverside headlight is not working. Replaced the bulb and still not working. Took to the dealer and they are charging me $600+ and that includes a bulb, ECU & labor. Well, the bulb only cost me $42 on ebay and the dealer charges almost $200, I think. What exactly is the ECU because it's over $300? Is it something that is included in the entire headlight kit? Honestly, I just can't afford the ECU right now but need that headlight working something awful.

LM- Welcome to the world of Lexus dealers. Now you know how they afford the freebies that you get in the lounge. They're NOT FREE, you paid for 'em when you drove in that driveway. I am assuming these are HID headlights? I assume ecu would stand for "electronic control unit". I don't know a lot about them but I would guess the ecu is that little cigarette pack sized box that actually produces the blinding light they produce. I would outlaw them personally, but, being in Chicago, I guess you're far enough away that you won't blind me, at least not any time soon. :lol:

Are you sure they aren't talking about the ballast? If they are, you can get em used from Ebay for under a hundred bucks and change it out yourself. And if it is the ballast then you don't need an new bulb also. Right?