Removing Regional Dvd Code

Hi,

I bought RXh 400 2008 with Ultrapremium package including DVD player.

My problem here is that my kids have a lot of european DVDs (regional code "2") that this player does not play. :angry:

So my question is how can I get access the the secret menu for changing the region code "1" to none ?

Thankful for instructions!

BR,

Aki.roivanen@nsn.com

I don't know about resetting the region code, but you can rip most DVDs to your computer with a program like DVD Decrypter and make a copy of it (or just the main movie) with DVD Shrink, and tell DVD Shrink to re-burn it with DVD Decrypter. (you can google them)

Both programs are freeware and blank DVDs are less the 20 cents a piece in spools of a hundred. You can specify in your backup copy to make it "region free". I think most areas allow "fair use" to make copies of media you bought for a backup copy.

agreed get a ripped copy in a different format, or buy an all regional player and add it to the car.

You change formats on the car and you change the nav as well.

Thanks for these comments but as the protection is done with SW it should be pretty simple task to break compared to start burning DVDs again etc. The only thing here needed is to get the code (four digits ???) that I need to push from remote control in order to open the hidden menu. ANd in this hidden menu it says what regional code setting is on at the moment ("1" for NAM). "0" stands for all regions, "2" for Europe etc.

Any help ?

BR,

Aki