Anybody checked out these features yet?

http://www.lexus.com/models/RX/features/in...up_display.html

Heads up display is my favorite. I haven't yet heard though if the nav is hard drive, though the Prius will be later in the new model year. And at least one Lexus has LED headlights now. The RX? anybody?

I've been enjoying "HUD" for over 8 years now in the Corvette, so I am totally spoiled! That "navigation directions" part of HUD is a really nice touch. You don't want to have too much info up there, however, since it does tend to take your attention away from other things. I typically have just the vehicle speed displayed, whereas I could have oil pressure, engine speed, and a couple of other things displayed at the same time.

I've been enjoying "HUD" for over 8 years now in the Corvette, so I am totally spoiled! That "navigation directions" part of HUD is a really nice touch. You don't want to have too much info up there, however, since it does tend to take your attention away from other things. I typically have just the vehicle speed displayed, whereas I could have oil pressure, engine speed, and a couple of other things displayed at the same time.

Yeah, the corvette HUD is really nice. I like that it's customizable. Is it difficult to see it during the day?

I *really* like the idea of one in the RX. I usually can't see my speed between my steering wheel setting and the fact that I normally drive with my hands on the wheel at 12:00 & 5:00. :P

some nice improvements in the 2010 rx, the nav display in the dash is OLEV, it is wafer thin with a 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio, incredible colors and clarity, Lexus is the first to use it in a production vehicle. it is also set deeper in the dash for quicker glances back and forth of course there is the HUD, the rear wiper is mounted above the window hidden for a cleaner visual. the lexus door threshold is now notched so dirt is less likely to come inside. it will be interesting to see how the redesigned rear suspension and beefed up front suspension feel on the road, that added 300lbs! I will miss the touchscreen on the nav, the clicker button on the side is slower. Nice to see that the rear shock struts do not take up room in the cargo area its wider there now, also you can release the rear seats from the back by the rear hatch. roof rack is gone. How does everyone feel about the broader sides and fenders, smaller side window look? are the tailights too toyota Venza like?

Yeah, the corvette HUD is really nice. I like that it's customizable. Is it difficult to see it during the day?

I *really* like the idea of one in the RX. I usually can't see my speed between my steering wheel setting and the fact that I normally drive with my hands on the wheel at 12:00 & 5:00. :P

There is a sliding brightness control which allows the display to be super-bright during the day, if desired. On a rare occasion when the sun hits the windshield just right, the display washes out in an array of rainbow colors, but is very rare.

How does everyone feel about the broader sides and fenders, smaller side window look? are the tailights too toyota Venza like?

I'm fairly neutral about those features until I see them close-up. From a distance, I would say that they make the RX neither bettwr or worse that our generation.

Anybody checked out these features yet?

http://www.lexus.com/models/RX/features/in...up_display.html

Heads up display is my favorite. I haven't yet heard though if the nav is hard drive, though the Prius will be later in the new model year. And at least one Lexus has LED headlights now. The RX? anybody?

A week ago, a local Lexus dealer contacted me for different issue. I asked about the availablity of RX450h and was told it should be in the showroom in about two weeks. I will definitely go check out all the new features on the new car. Meanwhile, I am wondering why USA market is so late getting RX450h. Other countries (Taiwan, Japan, etc) already have it on the road for sometime now. Worse economy than others?

some nice improvements in the 2010 rx, the nav display in the dash is OLEV, it is wafer thin with a 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio, incredible colors and clarity, Lexus is the first to use it in a production vehicle. it is also set deeper in the dash for quicker glances back and forth of course there is the HUD,

. . . . . . . . snip

How does everyone feel about the broader sides and fenders, smaller side window look? are the tailights too toyota Venza like?

1st ~ OLED is beyond what most have even herd of, but YES, it IS extreamly clear & bright. Very agrivating when the sun hits our 2006 400h screen ... it gets wiped out. Plus, the power draw is VERY minimal. Same with LED headlights, if in fact it'll have 'em. That's one thing the dealer doesn't seem to know.

As for the new/fat look? Hmmm. Kind of reminds me of fishing out of season. Ever pulled a steelhead or rainbow trout up when it's full of row? That's what it reminds me of ... a pregnant fish, like the highlander. I think I'll get used to it eventually.

Oh! ... and the mpg's are higher ... even under the new/stricter EPA standards. Partly that's due to more plastic underbelly ad on's (making it harder to change your own oil i'll bet) ... which accounts for a better drag coefficiency ... and partly due to the new ICE. It now gets an Atkinson style engine (one revolution of the crank for all 4 piston strokes), like the prius ... which is lower power, but higher efficiency. Power loss is likely made up by higher efficiency EV power. Another thing about the NAV ... live traffic updates, when equiped w/ satelite radio. Nice.

Here's my list of +'s and -'s for the 450h:

+'s

better suspension, wider track

performance package (but may only be the tires)

more leg room, longer seat cushions (I'm tall)

ventalated seats (yum)

more cargo room

front grill and bumper treatment (much better)

lazer guided cruise missle...er, I mean control

XM traffic and weather on the nav

pollution sensing recirrulate button (very thoughtful)

over all less "egg" shaped

hidden rear wiper

-'s

wood on the steering wheel (just does not belong there, sorry)

less ground clearance (but now has plastic skid plates ;o)

roof rack does not come with cross bars (sold separately, I hope?)

chrome trim around the windows (why?)

"shoulder" body feature along the sides (looks like it got squashed)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Here's my list of +'s and -'s for the 450h:

+'s

better suspension, wider track

performance package (but may only be the tires)

more leg room, longer seat cushions (I'm tall)

ventalated seats (yum)

more cargo room

front grill and bumper treatment (much better)

lazer guided cruise missle...er, I mean control

XM traffic and weather on the nav

pollution sensing recirrulate button (very thoughtful)

over all less "egg" shaped

hidden rear wiper

-'s

wood on the steering wheel (just does not belong there, sorry)

less ground clearance (but now has plastic skid plates ;o)

roof rack does not come with cross bars (sold separately, I hope?)

chrome trim around the windows (why?)

"shoulder" body feature along the sides (looks like it got squashed)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Some good things also may have some bad sides...

-Hidden wiper: nightmare to replace

-front bumper/ grill treatment: expensive damage in a small crash

The shape is another question, a matter of taste. Personally I think the new RX is way to bland. It lost character, looks like many other cars around and will not end up on my drive way.

Apparently the current wiper is a bit of pain already...

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=55545

As for cost of lexus repair, my little dent in the rear quarter panel (you can search it), cost nearly $4K to fix. I don't see how the new design would make repair costs any worse than they already are.

Apparently the current wiper is a bit of pain already...

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=55545

As for cost of lexus repair, my little dent in the rear quarter panel (you can search it), cost nearly $4K to fix. I don't see how the new design would make repair costs any worse than they already are.

Well the 2010 RX wiper IS as tough to install as the old one . . . however, neither is a killer, by any means. The fellow who couldn't figure out how to change the old blade was simply having trouble "lifting" the blade. Granted, the blade only lifts a couple inches off the glass. However THIS is the easiest mod you can do. Simply pull the plastic base cover off the wiper. Grab a pair of pliers & twist off the inner tab of the plastic base. Put the plastic base cover back on. Viola ... the blade now raised above the glass. You're good to go. As for repair costs? Isn't that what insurance is for? And let me know when someone finds out which car it is, that's so cheep to repair, as to not need insurance ... I'll be right there.

:D

Anybody here found out whether the 12v Aux battery has been 're-sized' to account for people killing it (running sterio, lights, etc while in aux mode) so easily?

The shape is another question, a matter of taste. Personally I think the new RX is way to bland. It lost character, looks like many other cars around and will not end up on my drive way.

Wow, you have a Chevy S10 in your driveway and you see the new RX as being too bland? :lol: