1990 Ls400 Nakamichi Speakers Specs

Csosz74

Hey guys,

my right side front speaker is muffled and both of the rear ones don't work, I will replace them.

I understood they're 4 inches in diameter.

If anybody replaced them, is there any brand you would suggest? How many Watts it should be?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I'm running into a similar problem. My 93 LS400 nakamichi systme's speeker in the driver side door is blown, and the sound is distorted comeing out of it. I ordered a stock speaker replacement for a 93 LS400 from ebay, and will try installing it. Does any one have any sugesstions on this? I'll let you know how it turns out.

I'm running into a similar problem. My 93 LS400 nakamichi systme's speeker in the driver side door is blown, and the sound is distorted comeing out of it. I ordered a stock speaker replacement for a 93 LS400 from ebay, and will try installing it. Does any one have any sugesstions on this? I'll let you know how it turns out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just did one rear and one front and will do another front this weekend. It's a 4" spkr. on the magnet it says (Nakamichi S400F04) 20w/40w 4ohm. I don't think there is anything special about them, the front and rear are the same. As long as they are at least 40w and 4ohm. The local car radio installers had a pair for $80.00 but I didn't want to pay that, so I went to Walmart and bought 2 for $30.00. They are rated at 40w to 120w peak /4ohm. They are OK but not great. I was hopeing for more lows but a 4" can only do so much I guess. That's where the sub in the back helps. p.s. The rear panels are held on by mostly clips(take your time or you'll break them) The front panels are held on with 8 screws and 6 clips. Don't attempt it until you read one of the posts, because there are several hidden screws.Here is a pic of the front that I used from LexLs. Glad I had it. :)

post-88733-1243554919_thumb.jpg

i replaced mine with 5.25 inch speakers, i have some great alpines for sale, they are barely used and i paid 150.00 for them, will sell for 100.00 plus u pay shipping, if interested ill send u pics, i have paypal but i am on vacation in washington state right now and will be back home in california on sunday, these are fantastic speakers, i decided to go with JL audio speakers

i replaced mine with 5.25 inch speakers, i have some great alpines for sale, they are barely used and i paid 150.00 for them, will sell for 100.00 plus u pay shipping, if interested ill send u pics, i have paypal but i am on vacation in washington state right now and will be back home in california on sunday, these are fantastic speakers, i decided to go with JL audio speakers

Thanks, but not interested at the moment.

Here's the link how to remove the door panels:

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/body/fdoorpanel.html

A