Parrot Ck3100 Install?

superdawg

Has anyone here installed a Parrot CK3100 hands free device in a 2000 LX 470 w/ the Nakamichi radio (no navigation)? I tried looking for a plug and play harness but doesn't appear to exist for this model. We want the sound to come out the car speaker (s) and mute the radio when calls come in.

(of course the CD player doesn't work, it's a Nakamichi)

Any other suggestions for decent hands free devices for a reasonable cost (75-160)?

thanks,

Tom

Has anyone here installed a Parrot CK3100 hands free device in a 2000 LX 470 w/ the Nakamichi radio (no navigation)? I tried looking for a plug and play harness but doesn't appear to exist for this model. We want the sound to come out the car speaker (s) and mute the radio when calls come in.

(of course the CD player doesn't work, it's a Nakamichi)

Any other suggestions for decent hands free devices for a reasonable cost (75-160)?

thanks,

Tom

I've never seen a "plug and play" phone kit harness for any Nakamichi -- only for the standard audio system.

Just use an external speaker for your phone kit -- there should be plenty of room under the dash for one and the phone call audio should sound as least as good than if you played the call through the door speakers.

My 2000 LS400 with Nakamichi has a mute pin in a six pin connector under the center armrest that was meant to be used for the dealer installed Lexus phone. I am guessing that your 2000 LX has the same connector. Review the attached PDF for how I used this mute pin with my phone kit. My phone kit may be "old style" but the principles are the same for installing Bluetooth kits -- the only electrical connections you should need to make between the phone kit and your LX are power, ground and mute.

Nokia_CARK_91H_install.pdf