Taking Delivery Of An 06 Gx 470 - What Shoud I Be Looking For?

Newbyguy

Hey everyone,

I purchased a used GX 470 off ebay and am waiting for it to be delivered.

It is supposedly in magnificent shape mechanically and aesthetically. I am wondering what I should be looking for with this particular year? It has DVD, Nav, Levinson.

I want to make sure there are no surprises with the vehicle and I would like to make sure everything is in good shape within a few days of receiving it.

Any help here would be much appreciated!

Aw come on guys! I know that there are some knowledgable guys out there.

Just wondering what I should have checked first once we get the truck?

Thanks - P

:lol:

Check to see if it starts.

Welcome to the GX forum... and congrats on buying a GX. If it is dealer maintained check out the service history and check if the famous clunk issue was there, if it is have they done a replacement of it , you would see it in the service history with the TSB number mentioned. Have a visual inspection of the below chassis and check steering linkage ball joints and dust covers, drive shaft boots, chassis bolts, check all if they are good condition, check the time belt for any warps. Check on fluid inspections. Check out the last service when it was done. so long !!!

Hey everyone,

I purchased a used GX 470 off ebay and am waiting for it to be delivered.

It is supposedly in magnificent shape mechanically and aesthetically. I am wondering what I should be looking for with this particular year? It has DVD, Nav, Levinson.

I want to make sure there are no surprises with the vehicle and I would like to make sure everything is in good shape within a few days of receiving it.

Any help here would be much appreciated!

The headlights of any vehicle in the rear view mirror of the GX... B) :lol::lol::lol::cheers:

Welcome to the GX forum... and congrats on buying a GX. If it is dealer maintained check out the service history and check if the famous clunk issue was there, if it is have they done a replacement of it , you would see it in the service history with the TSB number mentioned. Have a visual inspection of the below chassis and check steering linkage ball joints and dust covers, drive shaft boots, chassis bolts, check all if they are good condition, check the time belt for any warps. Check on fluid inspections. Check out the last service when it was done. so long !!!

Thanks Mann,

I'll have a look at that stuff. How do you check to see if the timing belt is warped?

I did see the carfax and it shows that the vehicle had been in to the Lexus dealer for normal maintenance regularly. It didn't say anything about the driveshaft so maybe this is one that doesn't have the clunk.

One thing I want to call that dealer about is if it has been filled with synthetic oil or not. I bought an 02 Volvo a few years ago that I put synthetic oil in and it started leaking oil...I'm guessing that it had regular oil in it before I did that. Don't want to make that mistake twice.

The dealer I am getting it from is not the same dealer that did all the maintenance. Looking forward to getting it.