Ive Gotta Squeal

some times my 95 sc400 drives quiet as can be, I hit the smallest of bumps like a reflector in the road and the noise begins loud squeal comeing from both front tires. When I brake it stops most of the time, till i hit another bump, ived changed front pads they were about 50% worn. Is there anything in the axle that needs greasing that would cause it. My boots are good with no apparent breaks.

You may have a sticky caliper. Meaning you pad sticks and that rubbing may be what you are hearing.

this is a possibility, i drove it the last couple of days with the new pads on it and I have deffinataly been getting less gas mileage, with the thicker pads i guess more resistance. I mean its a noticable difference in mileage too. like 5mpg. along with the pads I also changed plugs and air filter i was expecting better mileage, but nooooooo. how do i fix, replace the caliper?

Were all the anti-squeal shims and springs and pad support plates on the calipers when you replaced the pads?

Did you apply grease to the recommended points on the calipers?

the shims were there but the springs werent, would this cause it to squeal without breaking?

Were all the anti-squeal shims and springs and pad support plates on the calipers when you replaced the pads?

Did you apply grease to the recommended points on the calipers?

the shims were there but the springs werent, would this cause it to squeal without breaking?

Factory manual for 2000 SC3 and 4 shows each front axle brake caliper has two ANTI-SQUEAL SHIMS, two "INNER" ANTI- SQUEAL SHIMS, two ANTI-SQUEAL SPRINGS and four PAD SUPPORT PLATES. Your year could be different, but if factory put parts on caliper and parts are called ANTI-SQUEAL .............., they are there for a good reason. A parts drawing for your model year should show if similar parts needed for your model and how they fit on brake assembly.

Problem Symptoms Table in same secton of manual lists missing, broken, damaged or incorrectly installed shims and springs as suspect for "Noise from brake". The ANTI-SQUEAL SPRINGS look as though they help hold pads slightly off rotor surface as wheel is turning. Missing springs could seem like dragging brakes? Poor gas mileage? Cause of squealing without braking?