Replaced Spark Plugs And Cables - Now Throttle Stuck Wide Open

calusio

I recently purchased a 1994 Lexus LS 400 with 166,000 miles the car was a one owner car and always serviced responsibly at the local Lexus dealership. There was always a small problem with the car jerking/shuttlering while driving around 40-50 miles/hrs. I read this may have be caused by bad spark plugs or spark plugs cables so I decide to replace the spark plugs and cables myself to see if this would solve the problem. After completing the replacement job I when for a test drive to see if the new plugs and cable solved the jerking problem. The car originally started OK but when I got to the end of the street and accelerator the throttle stuck wide-open accelerated unexpectively. I was only able to stop the car by shifting to neutral and turning off the inigition with the key.

Now the car won't start normally and revs to max rpm's! Can someone please tell me why the car won't start normally and now revs to max rpm's and how to fix the problem. Up to this point the car has been running fine concerning rpm's. Also the throttle body intake is very clean.

Thanks

Paul

Did you touch the throttle at all when replacing the plugs/wires?

The throttle doesn't have anything to do with replacing them. You need to check the throttle, and cables. and as PD suggested the idle/TPS