Broken Passanger Window For Gs 430 "help"

I had a vandal break my passanger window on a 06' GS 430, while I am glad that was all the damage that was done, now I have to deal with replacing it.

Can I replace the window myself (buying the glass and taking it to mechanic) or is it best to go through the dealer?

I heard that a dealer would probably be best due to an air bag being in the door?

Ofcourse I am trying to save a buck while still getting good service, my mechanic can do both, but are their complications with replacing the glass window that an old school mechanic may not be aware of???

What is the best way to go about replacing it?

I had a vandal break my passanger window on a 06' GS 430, while I am glad that was all the damage that was done, now I have to deal with replacing it.

Can I replace the window myself (buying the glass and taking it to mechanic) or is it best to go through the dealer?

I heard that a dealer would probably be best due to an air bag being in the door?

Ofcourse I am trying to save a buck while still getting good service, my mechanic can do both, but are their complications with replacing the glass window that an old school mechanic may not be aware of???

I don't know the rules in Texas, but I know in Massachusetts that glass is covered by insurance. Check with your insurance company.

Go to a professional. Call your dealership and find out who they subcontract this work out to.

Then contact them directly and figure out the details. Many places will come right to your house.

I second the idea of contacting your insurance. They may also provide you with a list of approved vendors in your county.

steviej

Ok, I called the local dealer, they said they had the glass window in stock at that it would run me 850.00. with installation.

I called a local auto glass co. named Sorpion Auto Glass (local) and was charged 250.00 for glass and installation.

Ofcourse, I risked and went the cheap way. At the end of the day, the guy did a great job, window works prfect and there was no need for 100.00 dollar dignotic charge :cheers:

Dread to go the Ins. way cause it's lazy and expensive!... Amen.

Ok, I called the local dealer, they said they had the glass window in stock at that it would run me 850.00. with installation.

I called a local auto glass co. named Sorpion Auto Glass (local) and was charged 250.00 for glass and installation.

Ofcourse, I risked and went the cheap way. At the end of the day, the guy did a great job, window works prfect and there was no need for 100.00 dollar dignotic charge :cheers:

Dread to go the Ins. way cause it's lazy and expensive!... Amen.

Oop's, that's diognostic! :rolleyes: