Liftgate Grinding?!?

Hi all,

I have a brand new '09 RX with less than 2K miles. It's been a dream so far. However, I just hit the power button for the liftgate and on the way up I heard a scraping/grinding. I actually jumped away from the car b/c it was so loud. I was afraid the window would break! I have never heard this before and the liftgate worked fine this morning.

I looked closely at the roof and it appears that the black liftgate plastic housing appears to be rubbing on the roof when it opens. I'm not sure whether this is from heat expansion or an alignment problem. Needless to say, I am really freaked out. This car should not have basic fit and alignment issues! Before I run back to the dealer and raise heck, I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this before.

Help!

Hi all,

I have a brand new '09 RX with less than 2K miles. It's been a dream so far. However, I just hit the power button for the liftgate and on the way up I heard a scraping/grinding. I actually jumped away from the car b/c it was so loud. I was afraid the window would break! I have never heard this before and the liftgate worked fine this morning.

I looked closely at the roof and it appears that the black liftgate plastic housing appears to be rubbing on the roof when it opens. I'm not sure whether this is from heat expansion or an alignment problem. Needless to say, I am really freaked out. This car should not have basic fit and alignment issues! Before I run back to the dealer and raise heck, I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this before.

Help!

I have an '09 RX with 9K miles and almost a year old. Never had this problem. Go to the Dealer!