Advise Please

Razm

I just bought a 99 LX470 with 140k miles, engine & trany are sound but the car is bouncy, is this normal for this car? or I need new shocks? self leveling works fine. and does anyone know a website other than ebay for parts & accessories?

Thanks

I just bought a 99 LX470 with 140k miles, engine & trany are sound but the car is bouncy, is this normal for this car? or I need new shocks? self leveling works fine. and does anyone know a website other than ebay for parts & accessories?

Thanks

The LX470 suspension is alot more than just shocks. You most likely need new accumulators. You can read up on the LX470 suspension and also buy parts here......

http://activesuspensionsystems.com/index.html

Very expensive system to have work on.

Thanks

The LX470 suspension is alot more than just shocks. You most likely need new accumulators. You can read up on the LX470 suspension and also buy parts here......

http://activesuspensionsystems.com/index.html

Very expensive system to have work on.

x2. I suspect the accumulators are bad.

• 1 month later...

In all probability the strut accumulators are shot. A simple test is easy,fast, and reliable. Drive one wheel at a time up on a 4-6" high curb at a sharp angle (90 deg if possible) and then back off quck enough to 'drop' the wheel on the pavement. A good strut accumulator will allow the bump to be smoothly absorbed without any harsh jolts or bouncing around. A flat accumulator will result in a hard bounce-bounce-bounce as only the tires are flexing to absorb anything. . Repeat for the other 3 wheels.

The "shocks' on the AHC suspension are really very simple hydraulic jacks. There is NO reason to ever replace the 'shocks' if they are not leaking a lot and the mounting bushings are intact. Nothing inside to wear out.

Please follow the earlier advice, go to my web site and read about the system