92 Ls400 Reverse Light Never Goes Out. Please Help!

Drparj

Okay people, got the new Neautral Safety Switch installed today and everything works 100% again. Back to running order. Thanks again eatingup for the pictures.

Wonderful! Enjoy! :)

Looks like you tampered with those untampered trunk wires for nothing. :( Hope all stays well in that area despite the tampering. I think it will be OK.

Glad you got it fixed.

Hi Drparj,

What did you have to do to get off the neutral start switch? My '92 has a very sloppy shifter, and I may need to do something about it. Any pics or suggestions short of taking out the tranny will be very helpful and appreciated a ton!

Thx :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

can anyone tell me where this switch is located please?

Instead of bumping a very old, unrelated thread, why not start a new one?

The neutral safety switch in on the transmission, where else would you think it would be?

• 1 month later...

Hi Drparj,

What did you have to do to get off the neutral start switch? My '92 has a very sloppy shifter, and I may need to do something about it. Any pics or suggestions short of taking out the tranny will be very helpful and appreciated a ton!

Thx :rolleyes:

Yes, I have the same question, looks like you need to take exhaust pipe off, or do you work from the top down???

Jerry